Problem installing Fall Creator's Update (Solved)

I'm having a problem installing the FCU; I download the update, but it refuses to install. I've tried the upgrade assistant which downloads the update, but is stops there. I tried the media creation tool, and it wants to download updates and just stops. Any suggestions or help?

Hello,

I had a similar problem on two computers I was trying to upgrade.  It turned out the problem was due to them having old beta-test versions of security software on them.  I downloaded the latest version of my security software, uninstalled the beta-test version, then re-ran the upgrade.  After it was complete and the Fall Creators Update was installed, I installed the current production version of my security software (it works fine with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (aka Version 1709 aka Build 16299).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4 hours ago, Circaflex said:

You can try downloading the ISO and performing an upgrade. You can download FCU here, https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php just be sure you select 1709.

I tried that, and the installation froze at 33%. I shut down the computer, and Windows restored the previous version.

Twice it has tried to install for me, failing both times and restoring to previous version.

Provide detailed specs of your computers that are failing the upgrade

- make sure you have 20 gig free on C: drive

- clear your temp dirs

- there will be a log file in the directory that holds the upgrade files. It will provide detailed info on the cause of the failure.

I tried installing from a flash drive, and got this error. I used the media creation tool, and tried to update while Windows was running. It downloaded some updates, then started, and when it restarted it gave a message that the previous version was being restored.

Install error.PNG

• +Thom Vee changed the title to Problem installing Fall Creator's Update (Solved)