Any non-Root Equivalent to Privacy guard? (Tell certain apps they can't run in the background)

While I was using Lineage OS the one feature I Loved the most of all was the "Privacy Guard" which allowed me to specify which apps could were not allowed to run in the background. I have the Amazon on my phone and it always wants to run in the background. Whether or not it's not hurting my battery is beside the point, to me it's just the principle of the thing. I'm wondering if there is a non-root option where I can specify the apps that I choose cannot run in the background.

After I found that feature on my LG G3 running Lineage OS and configured it for apps such as Walmart, Amazon, and Facebook not to run in the background, I was getting crazy good Battery life. One morning I left my house and went o my parent's house 20 mins away. 30 mins after that or about 1 hour after I woke up my phone was still at 100%.

If it, it would be amazing if Google could add this to their permission list.

4 minutes ago, warwagon said:

If it, it would be amazing if Google could add this to their permission list.

This wont ever happen. Can you imagine the amount of support calls or emails they would receive after a novice used this and applications weren't working correctly?

You can do this via ADB but it is only a temporary solution, essentially you need access to root in order to apply a permanent change. You would deny the wakelocks and they would be ignored by the Android system.

2 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

This wont ever happen. Can you imagine the amount of support calls or emails they would receive after a novice used this and applications weren't working correctly?

Well, they could just add it to developer options. The average user isn't mucking around in there.:)

In a somewhat kludgey way, you could try Greenify. I haven't used it in a while because I've found Doze in Android 7 to be rather effective.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:28 AM, Zag L. said:

In a somewhat kludgey way, you could try Greenify. I haven't used it in a while because I've found Doze in Android 7 to be rather effective.

Ya, I tried that. Seems to work ok ish, but it puts AMazon to sleep, and then an hour later it wan't s to put it to sleep again, like it woke up. I would just prefer Amazon just not run in the background.