Have a question about mars

ok but plz explain what is this OPPORTUNITY Lands?

i don't know what you mean by "lands", but as far as i understand, this Opportunity is the name for another mars-mission, similar to spirit. so, nasa will have then two vehicles on mars

mariusu is accurate.

Beagle 2 was a European (British?) attempt that had contact lost.

"Spirit" is the current U.S. mission (with rover) that's started to show some significant problems with data communication at the least over the last couple of days despite excellent landing and photos and data initially that you've probably seen on the news.

"Opportunity" is the U.S.'s twin of Spirit that is expected to touch down **very** very shortly on the opposite side of the planet, though will be encountering even worse conditions than Spirit did a week or so ago.

There is some concern that Spirit's recent problems still have unknown causes, and without resolution, Opportunity may have its own related issues. Should everything go well / get fixed, the U.S. will shortly have two rovers/missions operating on opposite sides of Mars: Spirit and Opportunity.

Opportunity is expected to land within the next 24 hours, I believe.

i'm really not sure...here in germany, they always say beagle2 is/was an european project from the esa, the european space agency. other say the mission was british

yesterday, as mars-express discovered water on mars, they had a press conference at the esa headquarters here in germany/darmstadt...but i can't tell you for sure...

mariusu is accurate.

"Spirit" is the current U.S. mission (with rover) that's started to show some significant problems with data communication at the least over the last couple of days despite excellent landing and photos and data initially that you've probably seen on the news.

"Opportunity" is the U.S.'s twin of Spirit that is expected to touch down **very** very shortly on the opposite side of the planet, though will be encountering even worse conditions than Spirit did a week or so ago.

There is some concern that Spirit's recent problems still have unknown causes, and without resolution, Opportunity may have its own related issues. Should everything go well / get fixed, the U.S. will shortly have two rovers/missions operating on opposite sides of Mars: Spirit and Opportunity.

Opportunity is expected to land within the next 24 hours, I believe.

Tnx Dude :woot:

i'm really not sure...here in germany, they always say beagle2 is/was an european project from the esa, the european space agency. other say the mission was british

yesterday, as mars-express discovered water on mars, they had a press conference at the esa headquarters here in germany/darmstadt...but i can't tell you for sure...

I think Mars Express was the whole European thing, and Beagle was just a British off-shoot project. Dunno, really :/.

Beagle was a separate mission from Mars Express (ESA). Open University, University of Leicester, Matra Marconi Space Stevenage and Martin-Baker Aircraft Company are responsible for Beagle 2.