Islamist suicide plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May foiled

Sounds like they got tipped off.

https://news.sky.com/story/terror-plot-to-assassinate-pm-may-foiled-11158388

Islamist suicide plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May foiled

Two men will appear in court later today to face charges related to an alleged explosive plot on Downing Street.

A terror plot to assassinate Prime Minister Theresa May has been foiled, Sky sources have confirmed.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It's the latest in a number of terror plots that police and MI5 believe they've foiled this year.

"I understand that the head of MI5, Andrew Parker, briefed Cabinet ministers today, such is the seriousness of what they believed they have uncovered.

"It is in essence an extreme Islamist suicide plot against Downing Street. Essentially police believe that the plan was to launch some sort of improvised explosive device at Downing Street and in the ensuing chaos attack and kill Theresa May, the Prime Minister.

"This is something which has been pursued over several weeks at least by Scotland Yard, MI5 and West Midlands Police.

"It came to a head last week with the arrest of two men, by armed police, who were charged with preparing acts of terrorism."

Naa'imur Zakariyah Rahman, 20, from north London and Mohammed Aqib Imran, 21, from south-east Birmingham are due to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on terror charges on Wednesday morning.
>

39 minutes ago, Shiranui said:

I thought terrorists wanted to DEstabilize the UK.....

Murdering the PM, no matter how popular or unpopular they may be, WOULD seriously destabilize things even more than they are around here...

1 hour ago, Shiranui said:

I thought terrorists wanted to DEstabilize the UK.....

over in Japan, I bet the people there just wish they had let millions of refugees in from the Middle East.

Funny how Japan has always had a selective immigration policy, yet when Trump proposes something similar for the US there's a big outcry from certain sections of the community.

• Dislike 2

10 hours ago, freqnasty said:

over in Japan, I bet the people there just wish they had let millions of refugees in from the Middle East.

Funny how Japan has always had a selective immigration policy, yet when Trump proposes something similar for the US there's a big outcry from certain sections of the community.

I see you're trying to push a lie as fact. 

http://apjjf.org/-Kawakami-Yasunori/2436/article.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

Foiling these plans gives people a false sense of security.

So you think they should have gone ahead and let them kill her? Really?!?

I'm surprised this made the news actually, as I suspect plots (modern terrorism or otherwise) of assassination of the head of any government is common.

I remember actual acts carried out by the IRA against Thatcher, using a van as a mobile mortar platform. Or the various attempts on Pope Jean Paul the second... and so on.