Nested quotes in front page comments

...are totally broken.

It can go one of two ways. You quote the person who quoted you, and you have this huge block of comments above your reply, and when you send it off, only the top of the comment shows, and people have to scroll down within the post to see everything that was said.

So you decide to delete everything but the comment you're replying to (reasonable, no?) and you wind up with... that. No way to break out of the quote block, no way to remove the bold or italics.

I could have sworn at one point you could use the forum to reply to front page topics, granting you better control over formatting. Was that ever an option? Was it removed at some point?

I really hate to have such terrible formatting attached to my name, but I didn't see any way to fix it.

2 hours ago, dragontology said:

...are totally broken.

It can go one of two ways. You quote the person who quoted you, and you have this huge block of comments above your reply, and when you send it off, only the top of the comment shows, and people have to scroll down within the post to see everything that was said.

So you decide to delete everything but the comment you're replying to (reasonable, no?) and you wind up with... that. No way to break out of the quote block, no way to remove the bold or italics.

I could have sworn at one point you could use the forum to reply to front page topics, granting you better control over formatting. Was that ever an option? Was it removed at some point?

I really hate to have such terrible formatting attached to my name, but I didn't see any way to fix it.

Re: The bold section.

Yes and yes, I remember the topic being locked in the forum section, but the discussion continued via the front page section, AFTER, the notification of moderator locking.

On the rest of the comment.

One trick I use is to reply as opposed to quote, and within my reply I'll specify to whom I was responding to, so everyone else within the nest (usually veteran members of the site) will know and understand what's going on, and can disregard the comment if it doesn't apply to them...