how report bogus user account?

so this account started folllowing a bunch of users..

Buy Kamagra 100mg

But there is no way to just report the account like you can with a spam message.

there is no "thread"  They just started following.. And you see their activity.. They are following lots of users - its clearly a bogus account but there is not way to report an account that has not posted anything that I can see.

Also how can you remove someone as a follower of yours?

See their activity..

following.thumb.png.6b934a151aaaed03762b115213ea5681.png

I guess, when someone follows you, they will notify what you post, (I have no idea, if it works other way)

and yea, there is only one option, to not allow anyone to follow you.

The funny thing is that they started following me...if you're going to be an obvious spammer, don't follow a moderator. :laugh:

EDIT: But to answer the question, I would suggest sending a PM to a mod if this happens again. I can't find any obvious option to report a member in general.

The account is still listed as following me.. Looks like their activity is gone on the profile.. But shouldn't the account just be deleted now that MOD is aware?

Is there a way to block a specific user from following you without blocking all users?

23 minutes ago, BudMan said:

The account is still listed as following me.. Looks like their activity is gone on the profile.. But shouldn't the account just be deleted now that MOD is aware?

Is there a way to block a specific user from following you without blocking all users?

I don't think so, the only way that I am aware of, is really long winded, reset the follow list, (remove everyone, and ask them to re follow)

If memory serves, there used to be a way to report user via their pop up 'member card' (that thing that pops up on a username when you mouse over.) And a way to remove followers in ipb3 and before..(back then it was called the friends list)

Just a thought, but if the account hasn't posted, how do you know they are bogus, or a spam account? Does this mean anyone who is just a lurker is a candidate to be tossed out?  Granted, the user name was suspicious, but with no action behind the name, why would you boot someone? If the name was "NiceSunnyDay" but their behavior was otherwise identical, would you toss them?

15 minutes ago, SoCalRox said:

Just a thought, but if the account hasn't posted, how do you know they are bogus, or a spam account? Does this mean anyone who is just a lurker is a candidate to be tossed out?  Granted, the user name was suspicious, but with no action behind the name, why would you boot someone? If the name was "NiceSunnyDay" but their behavior was otherwise identical, would you toss them?

He had posted a spam thread...plus his profile was littered with spam.  If neither of those had happened...he wouldn't have been banned for simply following everyone on Neowin. :)

Edit: Argh...forgot about his username. We typically like to wait until spam has been posted...but the username was obviously spam'ish.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SoCalRox said:

No offense, but you answered your own question. Their intention is not to use the account, as the username in itself is the spam advertising.

17 minutes ago, Jim K said:

He had posted a spam thread...plus his profile was littered with spam.  If neither of those had happened...he wouldn't have been banned for simply following everyone on Neowin. :)

Edit: Argh...forgot about his username. We typically like to wait until spam has been posted...but the username was obviously spam'ish.

Ah! Ok- I thought it said he hadn't posted, just followed. Your answer explains it well. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

No offense, but you answered your own question. Their intention is not to use the account, as the username in itself is the spam advertising.

Actually, as Jim K. pointed out, no I didn't. This user had indeed posted some suspicious stuff, which is why they were removed. Jim's explanation was exactly what I suspected the management would do; I simply had incomplete information.

1 minute ago, SoCalRox said:

Actually, as Jim K. pointed out, no I didn't. This user had indeed posted some suspicious stuff, which is why they were removed. Jim's explanation was exactly what I suspected the management would do; I simply had incomplete information.

I suppose it comes down to how it was interpreted, but fwiw, I'm ok with leaving it alone

1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I suppose it comes down to how it was interpreted, but fwiw, I'm ok with leaving it alone

I had missed that the user had indeed posted spam, which was the reason I originally posted. 

By the way, both your name and avatar are excellent... 

• Like 1

At the time he had followed there was no posts that I could see, or I would of reported that.. It must of posted a thread after all the following.

If you would of looked at the profile - not just his name it was clearly obvious it was pure and utter spam...

On 28/12/2017 at 7:11 PM, BudMan said:

At the time he had followed, there was were no posts that I could see, or I would of have reported that.. It must of have posted a thread after all the following.

If you would of have looked at the profile - not just his name it was clearly obvious it was pure and utter spam...

ftfy, please don't hurt me :p

Also, I've noticed when I report a spam account, (and subsequent topics made by said account) It'll still show up on activity, that the user joined up, but the deleted comment/topic will be removed, but unlike the older ipb version, it no longer shows that the user has been banned.

27 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Kettle black? ROFL...

Typo Vs bad grammar

One is forgivable if said user admits to mistake

The other is a crime so serious, the abuser should have their nuts dipped into the oils of a ghost chilli, after being shaven with a rusty old razor. 

Guess we'll both go to hell together, can you swing by and pick me up? We can carpool :p

7 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Typo Vs bad grammar

One is forgivable if said user admits to mistake

The other is a crime so serious, the abuser should have their nuts dipped into the oils of a ghost chilli, after being shaven with a rusty old razor. 

Guess we'll both go to hell together, can you swing by and pick me up? We can carpool :p

Maybe BudMan's first language isn't English? I can tell from the way he talks, give the guy a break :)

• Like 1