Hi there,

I am looking for drivers for TOSHIBA THNSNK128GVN8 M.2 2280 128GB drive and I unable to find them anywhere.

I am using Windows 10 Pro x64.

I have looked on the Dell website and manufacturer website with no avail.

Any ideas where I could download them please?

Cheers,

Wongle.

1 hour ago, wongle said:

Hi there,

I am looking for drivers for TOSHIBA THNSNK128GVN8 M.2 2280 128GB drive and I unable to find them anywhere.

Cheers,

Wongle.

What exactly is the issue you are having? Are you unable to install Windows on the drive? If that is the case, you need to controller driver on a USB drive for Windows, this is found via the OEM website or if your computer uses an Intel processor, you can download the drivers from Intel as well. You would want the Intel Rapid Storage driver. M2 is just a connector, is this an NVME drive? Does the BIOS recognize the drive?

He's using Windows 10 so i guess he installed Windows on it already.

There's no drivers for SSD. If you have a problem then usually the proper course of action is :

1. Update the MB bios.

2. Update the SSD firmware (note that by doing so you might lose the data on it and have to re-install windows). Backup data first and do a system image of your windows installation (https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard.html).

3. Restore your system image and data if needed.

4. Install the latest chipset drivers from Intel or AMD.

6 hours ago, wongle said:

Hi there,

Cheers,

Wongle.

https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-THNSNJ128G8NU-Module-22x80mm-Notebook/dp/B00XHLM1LA

It is a SATA drive in M.2 form factor - it is NOT a  NVMe drive.

If it is not working, then the slot you plugged it into was for a NVMe drive and does not have a SATA signal.

Some motherboards share PCIe lines between SAT and NVME and you might need to disable something in BIOS to turn on SATA to that socket.