:: vS :: AMPed viSUAL STYLE beta TWO

Wonder when it's going to be released. ppl been waiting a good few decades. Keep up the nice updates DiEMOS

Hope u can release the nice visual style you portrait in those Pictures soon

Looks good Diemos,

I like how the Title bars match the real winamp ones better. Also, is that going to be the final startbutton? I liked the old one better with the lightning bolt.

I hope you will leave the tray arrow the same as it is kinda neat also.

Finally, is there any possibility of getting a startmenu that shows the userpic?

thank you for those comments :)

Funny questions you guys ask, if you check the screenshot, it says when :) .... next week.... maybe even this weekend, but no promises... All I have to finish is MonoLite and Bitter Lemon versions and I'm done I think. I've changed a lot of stuff, most will be listed in the readme.

In addition this will be perhaps the LAST update because it seems that this theme does not have a fanbase and no one has made any suggestions on the new screenshots or comment on them. In fact XP AMP has recieved more comments while its barely in development. I lost all my motivation to develop it to fit ur needs and make it a great theme due to the lack of the comments. So I will continue developing it after Beta TWO.0, adding shellstyle and few more original colors(MonoDARK and Popcorn) and custom colors(luna, olive, silver (based on windows xp colors)) BUT I doubt you will see any public releases of the other updates and the "final" version. By final i mean when everything is the way i want it to be, no bugs, everything works(side taskbar, new checkboxes, radio buttons, and all that not so important stuff), shellstyle and more. So people who is waiting for this release .. expect an update soon. It is worth the wait, in my opinion it is MUCH better then the previous release and in fact it seems like a new theme (in a good way of course). Thats all I have to say for now.

thank you for those comments :)

Funny questions you guys ask, if you check the screenshot, it says when :) .... next week.... maybe even this weekend, but no promises... All I have to finish is MonoLite and Bitter Lemon versions and I'm done I think. I've changed a lot of stuff, most will be listed in the readme.

In addition this will be perhaps the LAST update because it seems that this theme does not have a fanbase and no one has made any suggestions on the new screenshots or comment on them. In fact XP AMP has recieved more comments while its barely in development. I lost all my motivation to develop it to fit ur needs and make it a great theme due to the lack of the comments. So I will continue developing it after Beta TWO.0, adding shellstyle and few more original colors(MonoDARK and Popcorn) and custom colors(luna, olive, silver (based on windows xp colors)) BUT I doubt you will see any public releases of the other updates and the "final" version. By final i mean when everything is the way i want it to be, no bugs, everything works(side taskbar, new checkboxes, radio buttons, and all that not so important stuff), shellstyle and more. So people who is waiting for this release .. expect an update soon. It is worth the wait, in my opinion it is MUCH better then the previous release and in fact it seems like a new theme (in a good way of course). Thats all I have to say for now.

DiEMOS,

Lack of suggestions on what could be improved? Hum? Perhaps that's because it hard to top the perfection of your style! I'm sure like most we are looking forward to the Beta 2 release with great anticipation. I'm also sure that most will want you to continue on. You should not be concerned with the comments on XP AMP. Remember their's was released before yours. Bring it on!!!

The only thing I think that could make the theme any better is a different Start button. Aside from that you've nailed it buddy!

Exactly, it's an almost perfect VS. To me anyways. Very clean and easy to use. The Start button could use some changing, maybe the Lightning Bolt or something like that. When you release the next version, it's going to be my new VS for a while.

Diemos,

First off, I'll support this VS till the end cause it's really neat and different.

Secondly, I like the improvements (buttons, taskbar buttons, title bars) alot and have tried to let you know what I like and don't like throughout its development. I would like for you to keep the startbutton how it is in the current download (first screenshot of yours on this page). Only other suggestions would be to make the checkboxes a little lighter/easier to read and allow the use of a userpic on the startmenu.

Other than that this theme rox.

Finally, we don't expect you to put all of your free time into this theme, but please don't give up on it. We'll all feel like poop if we are given a half-painted picture and then the artist says "That's it, I quit, no more!"

Keep up the good work

DiEMOS

Don't get discouraged. This is the best VS I have seen yet. I personally have been waiting patiently for the update without bugging you. Didn't want to see another XPAmp senario with all the ranting posts. After noddle and steve quit because they got hounded I wasn't about to take the chance on not seeing this baby finalized. It is Soooooo Sweet. I think maybe also others might have been doing the same, not bugging I mean. Please we, I mean I really want to have and see the final product. Keep up the excllent work my friend.

Gator

I have to agree with our fellow NeoWin'ers, this visual style isone of the best ive seen since WinXP was out. You do great work here, and i think everyone appriciates it. you keep coming up with all those perfect little upgrades, so no one feels the need to ask for them already ;)

thank you for those nice comments:) I appreciete it :blush: . I'm not getting discouraged, it just seems not many people are interested in the theme because of the lack of replies. The only way I know people are waiting for it is if people reply. :)

Anyways release date is TOMORROW[/b so there wont be anymore stupid previews like this one, ha. Here are the new color schemes that you are waiting for.

As well here are some changes from beta ONE.8 ( the rest of the changes are included in the readme. )

: Changes Since beta ONE.8 :

:: !new! buttons

:: !new! taskbar w/ buttons

:: !new! titlebars

:: added 2 new themes: MonoLite, Bitter Lemmon

:: added colors to the caption buttons

:: added colors to the taskbandbackround

:: fixed buttons, scrollbars, progress bars

:: removed xperiment theme

:: changed the color of the blue color scheme to more blueish

Sorry for the wait, but its friday, tonight is the night to get fawked up and then gf :) (and no i dont spend all my free time on this :p.. imagine if i did, haha)

(by the way we have 6,081 downloads on DeviantART since 1:04pm NY time today ... and yes we have passed XP AMP in downloads on DeviantART :huh: :o )

:whistle: :devil: :devil: :yes:

post-36-1077300453.jpg

looks sweet.. i particularly like the additional colors option. btw .. my wife said if i use that bitter lemon one.. she wont be able to stand sitting in front of the screen.

so a special BIG thanks for that ! lol

(by the way we have 6,081 downloads on DeviantART since 1:04pm NY time today ... and yes we have passed XP AMP in downloads on DeviantART :huh: :o )

:whistle: :devil: :devil: :yes:

that's because there's been over 10000 downloads on my site also :)

Alright I gotta do this. Take a look at this DiEMOS post in the XP AMP thread:

lol, i meant that as a joke (hence the smily)...no one is going to take anyones cake.... as i always said from begining its not about competition.
Then look at the post in his own thread:
(by the way we have 6,081 downloads on DeviantART since 1:04pm NY time today ... and yes we have passed XP AMP in downloads on DeviantART)

You like to contradict yourself much? Either make it a competition or don't...Don't try to be an angel in the XP Amp thread and a demon in your own. People do read both.