[Resolved] Very odd behavior from Samsung J5 phone, APN settings not saving

My roommate has a Samsung J5 (2016) and it recently quit receiving MMS. I knew the issue was the APN settings were not setup correctly, so I manually inputted them and chose to save. As soon as I did that I went back into the APN settings and the one that I just added does not show up at all, and even after doing a factory reset of the phone and repeating the same steps, the issue persists! Google search takes me a UK carrier Giffgaff (3rd one down) that talks about how the default APN might be corrupted, but I am assuming that a factory reset should have fixed that. Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Edited by jnelsoninjax

OK so I have learned 3 things today.

1)this phone is not supported in the US, even though it is sold here, therefore Samsung will not support it at all. 2) I finally got the APN to save, but it turns out the she has blown 500mbs of mobile data in less then 2 weeks, therefore MMS messaging does not work (which I was very surprised to learn) so we can't even tell if the issue is resolved until next month. :argh: 3)This carrier has 2 different types of SIMS, GSMA and GSMT (Att+T-Mobile) since she somehow ended up with a GSMT card the APN settings are different then they are for me and her husband! :argh::argh: Needless to say, this is very frustrating and extremely hard to explain to someone who is hovering and paranoid about there phone...

• dipsylalapo changed the title to [Resolved] Very odd behavior from Samsung J5 phone, APN settings not saving
13 hours ago, techbeck said:

Why not just return the phone and get one that actually works?

OK two things: 1) this issue was resolved and marked as such. 2) The phone can not be returned, it has been more then 30 days.