Russian Stadiums to Allow Cocaine, Cannabis and Heroin at 2018 FIFA World Cup

This is the "best" piece of news I've read this morning as I've always dreamed about welcoming crowds of high and vomiting foreign tourists to Russia. /s 

RUSSIAN STADIUMS TO ALLOW COCAINE, CANNABIS AND HEROIN AT 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP

FIFA rules also allow spectators to have narcotics on their person,but they must have a prescription...

The full list of substances allowed into Russia as it hosts the World Cup events between June 14 to July 15 will allow for cocaine, codeine, morphine, amphetamines and cannabis.

The article isn't a stellar one, but it's the only one in the western hemisphere covering this topic so far.

2 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

... But, why?

FIFA rules...

I don't know how FIFA rules can take precedence over a country's laws. 

2 hours ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Can people in Russia really have cocaine and heroin for medical reasons?  Seems pretty ridiculous for very obvious reasons.

No, we can't.

The ruling applies to foreigners only. 

A possession of cannabis upto six grams is decriminalized in Russia. No Russian national can take drugs to a stadium.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

This doesn't make any sense at all. No other country allows this...

It's a conspiracy. Ultras coming from all over the world and being under the influence will fight each other on the Russian soil.

ugh, seriously even in the small part of the article he quoted...

FIFA rules also allow spectators to have narcotics on their person,but they must have a prescription

prescription

And since I'm not aware of anywhere that gives cocaine on prescription or why they would, I'm not sure why that's on the list, but I guess they went with a "allow all" since the regulation still limits what you can bring, being it needs to be prescription and it needs to be your prescription. 

As for 

crowds of high and vomiting foreign tourists to Russia

Pretty sure you won't notice a difference from the normal locals.