Neowin Messed Up

mhmcoZP.png

I'm using the dark theme. Looks... weird... Maybe the dev guys are working at it, just wanna let you know. :)

Funny, I'm using Darkside and everything looks fine. Have you done the usual, cleared your cookies/browser history and the like?

Can you tell us what browser you are using? Maybe you're on a VPN?

Just now, Nick H. said:

Funny, I'm using Darkside and everything looks fine. Have you done the usual, cleared your cookies/browser history and the like?

Can you tell us what browser you are using? Maybe you're on a VPN?

yes, yes, yes and  no vpn

Chrome 64.0.3282.186

Same as Guppy, but running FireFox 58.0.2

Edit: Dave, all I'm running is LastPass and uBlock...

Just now, DaveLegg said:

Any extensions running? Does it happen it you try loading the site in Incognito mode?

this happens, in incognito mode.

Just now, Mindovermaster said:

Same as Guppy, but running FireFox 58.0.2

copycat :p 

I'm on Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I'm not seeing this. Granted, I haven't cleared my cache or cookies but I'm not about to because everything is working fine here.

I need to wipe everything to test this if I'm able to continue to contribute to this endeavor, aren't I? Ok...2 minutes and I'll report back.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick H. said:

I'm on Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I'm not seeing this. Granted, I haven't cleared my cache or cookies but I'm not about to because everything is working fine here.

I need to wipe everything to test this if I'm able to continue to contribute to this endeavor, aren't I? Ok...2 minutes and I'll report back.

or just use incognito mode no ?

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Still could be you see the correct version in your cached page...

• Like 1

darkside looks normal here; just switched over from the Pro theme to verify

@DaveLeggnothing changed in any group permissions to cause issue for standard members has there? -shooting in the dark so to speak :p-

As Nick said above, clear your cache. Then you will hopefully see it  distorted.

2 minutes ago, satukoro said:

Check your DPI settings in relation to screen resolution just for kicks.

What does that have to do with this?

Edit: OK, back to normal for me...

Just now, Mindovermaster said:

As Nick said above, clear your cache. Then you will hopefully see it  distorted.

i don't usually go to the darkside theme as I don't personally prefer it so I know i don't have anything cached for it

i'm wondering if something permission wise changed for normal members; could explain why me, nick, and dave can't reproduce it.

1 minute ago, Mindovermaster said:

What does that have to do with this?

actually yeah, try resizing your browser; Neowin is using reactive code so it could be one of the sizes is messed up

Well, you made me log out and wipe everything before I saw the suggestion of incognito. Mea culpa for not thinking of that.

However, with everything wiped and finally being able to log back in (yes, I forgot which password I was using here) I'm still seeing a normal template. The site is whitelisted and I have no other extensions going on.

If two of you are still seeing the same thing, it seems weird that it is happening in two separate browsers (Chrome and Firefox) but not for everyone. What are you using as extensions?

I just tried resizing the browser as per Brandon's suggestion and I'm still getting nothing abnormal.

EDIT: Oh, it's back to normal? Great!

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

Well, you made me log out and wipe everything before I saw the suggestion of incognito. Mea culpa for not thinking of that.

However, with everything wiped and finally being able to log back in (yes, I forgot which password I was using here) I'm still seeing a normal template. The site is whitelisted and I have no other extensions going on.

If two of you are still seeing the same thing, it seems weird that it is happening in two separate browsers (Chrome and Firefox) but not for everyone. What are you using as extensions?

I just tried resizing the browser as per Brandon's suggestion and I'm still getting nothing abnormal.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

It works fine now. The devs changed something.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

It works fine now. The devs changed something.

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

back to normal too.

weird, servers must have been out of sync or something

hamsters ate too much of them beans.

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

EDIT: Oh, it's back to normal? Great!

well, three, I tried Tor browser, so nothing in this pc. but yeah back to normal

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

hamsters ate too much of them beans.

Either that or the squirrel had too many nuts in its mouth...

• Like 1