Is there any good method to track mobile data usage?

My plan only has 500 MB of data each month, and that is usually good, since WiFi is everywhere, but I am wondering if an app or other method to track (reliably) the amount of data being used.

Well, android has data usage built right in under settings. Could also just check your mobile providers website, they usually have a counter.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, firey said:

Well, android has data usage built right in under settings. Could also just check your mobile providers website, they usually have a counter.

I know, but it is not accurate, it still shows that I have used 0.1 GB and it has not changed in months.

9 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I know, but it is not accurate, it still shows that I have used 0.1 GB and it has not changed in months.

What isn't accurate? Mines always been spot on...

5 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I used to use 3G Watchdog, but I haven't used it for a couple of years since switching to an unlimited plan.

Thanks for the recommendation, this looks like it might work.

Just now, firey said:

What isn't accurate? Mines always been spot on...

I am running Adguard, which uses a proxy, therefore the data usage is not reported correctly.

4 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Thanks for the recommendation, this looks like it might work.

I am running Adguard, which uses a proxy, therefore the data usage is not reported correctly.

Well that's maybe something you should have said. You are using apps that changed the data usage. I don't and mines always within 10 mb.

I don't know if they have it in the USA with all cell companies, but here in Canada, each of the carriers have a account app that show you what your account data usage is. Note that it's not real time and behind a couple hours before it gets updated.