Manitoba Hells Angels target businesses by posting 1-star reviews

When the president of the Manitoba Nomads, a chapter of the outlaw motorcycle gang the Hells Angels, heard his members had been turned away from a hotel for wearing their trademark logos, he called on them to boycott the business.

They obeyed Dale Kelland in droves.

On March 27, supporters took to social media to express their displeasure with the Marion Hotel. When the small Winnipeg business removed its Facebook page, the bikers and their friends turned their attention to the Marion Street Eatery, the restaurant in the hotel.

Within 24 hours hundreds of people, most of them from outside Canada, posted one-star reviews on the restaurant's Facebook page, reducing its 4.5-star reputation to three stars overnight. 

Full article @ CBC News

does anyone really look at these reviews to determine if they go somewhere? My experience is it's never what you got from the reviews because they are either biased, someone out for revenge, someone who never was there or someone who is joking around when they are bad reviews...

and if a place has too many good reviews they are paid for, faked, or farmed...

word of mouth is usually better then some review online

7 minutes ago, neufuse said:

does anyone really look at these reviews to determine if they go somewhere? My experience is it's never what you got from the reviews because they are either biased, someone out for revenge, someone who never was there or someone who is joking around when they are bad reviews...

and if a place has too many good reviews they are paid for, faked, or farmed...

word of mouth is usually better then some review online

Depends on how many reviews there are. It's hard to argue with 100+ reviews really, but other small places that have maybe 10-20... that's really a toss up.

Bottom line for me though is that if it's below 3-stars, I'm not going to it unless it's right next to me and we're just trying to eat, not have an "experience". This was how I navigated Vegas all last week really. Surprisingly, one of the best places we went was rated 3.9 stars, very affordable with great food.

The worst food we had was The Buffet at the Golden Nugget that a co-worker "highly recommended". Completely overpriced, mediocre food, and lacked even some basic domestic beers. I'm still angry about that dinner... :pinch:

16 minutes ago, dead.cell said:

The worst food we had was The Buffet at the Golden Nugget that a co-worker "highly recommended". Completely overpriced, mediocre food, and lacked even some basic domestic beers. I'm still angry about that dinner... :pinch:

Yeah, I've come to realize when people say something is great and the food is the best to expect it to be not what I like lol.. usually that is just food though