Plymouth Half Marathon: Car driven into path of runners

The actions of a woman who drove on to the route of the Plymouth Half Marathon have been described as "disgusting".

Lorna Empson, a marshal at the race, said the driver was trying to get on to a main road and claimed "there was no other way out" due to road closures.

"People were not happy with her, [and] I cannot blame them as she could have caused a serious accident," she said.

Local MP Luke Pollard said it was "very silly" in light of terror attacks where cars were used as weapons.

Source: BBC

How would this have been dealt with in the US had this happened?

That woman completely ignored everyone, stupid! Only thinking of herself, she needed a slap :| jeez ... smh 

Well, she did go very very very slowly.

The best comment on youtube 

"At her size, you can almost forgive her for thinking the world revolves around her." - alternativehero

Eh, roads are for driving on. I do not understand why people feel the need to ###### up someones day just to do some pointless jogging. There are plenty of fields and parks to get that ###### done.

17 minutes ago, Ilys said:

Eh, roads are for driving on. I do not understand why people feel the need to ###### up someones day just to do some pointless jogging. There are plenty of fields and parks to get that ###### done.

Hope you missed out the /s :rolleyes:

Saw this on Imgur last night. I sometimes wonder what goes through the mind of these people to think this is acceptable....if she was going into town...should could have just walked and if it was further out, I find it hard to believe there wasn't an alternative route. 

The man with the cone was trying so hard :P

Edit - Worth pointing out that the language in the video is colourful and NSFW 

I'd like to hope the police have her done for dangerous driving or something. I can't believe that she was 100% blocked in there, the people who organise these types of things spend the entire year to make sure this kind of thing does not happen.

• Like 2