• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Plymouth Half Marathon: Car driven into path of runners

Steven P.    10,215

The actions of a woman who drove on to the route of the Plymouth Half Marathon have been described as "disgusting".

Lorna Empson, a marshal at the race, said the driver was trying to get on to a main road and claimed "there was no other way out" due to road closures.

"People were not happy with her, [and] I cannot blame them as she could have caused a serious accident," she said.

Local MP Luke Pollard said it was "very silly" in light of terror attacks where cars were used as weapons.

Source: BBC

How would this have been dealt with in the US had this happened?

That woman completely ignored everyone, stupid! Only thinking of herself, she needed a slap :| jeez ... smh 

+warwagon    11,208

Well, she did go very very very slowly.

The best comment on youtube 

"At her size, you can almost forgive her for thinking the world revolves around her." - alternativehero

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Ilys    73

Eh, roads are for driving on. I do not understand why people feel the need to ###### up someones day just to do some pointless jogging. There are plenty of fields and parks to get that ###### done.

dipsylalapo    1,179
17 minutes ago, Ilys said:

Eh, roads are for driving on. I do not understand why people feel the need to ###### up someones day just to do some pointless jogging. There are plenty of fields and parks to get that ###### done.

Hope you missed out the /s :rolleyes:

Saw this on Imgur last night. I sometimes wonder what goes through the mind of these people to think this is acceptable....if she was going into town...should could have just walked and if it was further out, I find it hard to believe there wasn't an alternative route. 

The man with the cone was trying so hard :P

Edit - Worth pointing out that the language in the video is colourful and NSFW 

+warwagon    11,208

Felt like I was watching a really bad gamer play "Carmegeddon" on an underpowered PC.

• Haha 1

NJL    7,393

I’m disabled...

yeah... mentally ######## retarded you fat self-centred bitch!

• Like 3

Skiver    1,894

I'd like to hope the police have her done for dangerous driving or something. I can't believe that she was 100% blocked in there, the people who organise these types of things spend the entire year to make sure this kind of thing does not happen.

• Like 2