Help me buy a 2GB strip.

Hi there!

What do you make out of this attached description ?

I wish to buy its 2GB variant & two of these.

Here goes the current specifications for this Year 2009 purchase :-

System Manufacturer    Apple Inc.
System Model    MacBook7,1
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8600  @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Apple Inc. MB71.88Z.0039.B0B.1006012319, 01-06-2010
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    1.74 GB
Available Physical Memory    731 MB
Total Virtual Memory    1.74 GB
Available Virtual Memory    562 MB

Please help suggest accurate input/s for e-commerce portals (India) to order for right purchase at first go !

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.  

e8NOPZq[1].jpg

19 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

Have you tried searching Amazon's India store for "Samsung PC3-8500S 2GB"?

It brings me to :-

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Notebook-Ddr3-M471b5673fh0-cf8-2rx8/dp/B00AY0XXRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530257447&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung+PC3-8500S+2GB

Is this the exact find ?  I mean, in terms of matching frequency & slot ?

Do we need a more intense system insight like CPU-Z or Speccy log to scour more details on this ?

30 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

It brings me to :-

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-Notebook-Ddr3-M471b5673fh0-cf8-2rx8/dp/B00AY0XXRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530257447&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung+PC3-8500S+2GB

Is this the exact find ?  I mean, in terms of matching frequency & slot ?

Do we need a more intense system insight like CPU-Z or Speccy log to scour more details on this ?

If I were to buy a 2GB RAM stick to match the 1GB you currently have, that's the one I'd buy. It's DDR3, so it'll fit in the slot. The frequencies I'm not too sure about, though I'd assume they're the same. In the off chance that they aren't the same, the motherboard/RAM will auto-configure themselves to a frequency they can both use.

9 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

If I were to buy a 2GB RAM stick to match the 1GB you currently have, that's the one I'd buy. 

Please refer to the attached screenshot (derived out of product manual) & then revisit these :-

Brand - Samsung

Item Height - 12.7 Centimeters

Item Width - 10 Millimeters

Item Weight - 22.7 g

Product Dimensions - 17.8 x 1 x 12.7 cm

Item model number - M471B5673FH0-CF8

RAM Size - 2 GB

Computer Memory Type - DDR3 SDRAM

Operating System - ALL OS

Iam not seeing 30 mm or 1.18 inches here !?

So, is this the Best fit ?

28zELqU[1].jpg

9 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Please refer to the attached screenshot (derived out of product manual) & then revisit these :-

Brand - Samsung

Item Height - 12.7 Centimeters

Item Width - 10 Millimeters

Item Weight - 22.7 g

Product Dimensions - 17.8 x 1 x 12.7 cm

Item model number - M471B5673FH0-CF8

RAM Size - 2 GB

Computer Memory Type - DDR3 SDRAM

Operating System - ALL OS

Iam not seeing 30 mm or 1.18 inches here !?

So, is this the Best fit ?

28zELqU[1].jpg

Looks like the seller has listed the dimensions incorrectly. I'm not telling you to buy that specific item. What I saying is that the RAM linked is compatible with your system and the seller has mostly positive reviews from what I can tell. Plus the order is fulfilled by Amazon, who are generally very good (at least in the UK) at refunding if needs be.

9 hours ago, Daedroth said:

What I saying is that the RAM linked is compatible with your system

There is this confusing term showing up on rest of the choices out there & on rest of the prominent e-commerce portals - "Dual channel" !?

What attributes on my OP indicate if the existing fitting is a single-channel or a dual one ?

Do hardware geeks prefer visiting physical retail outlets or is it really simple to shop these peculiarities online ? :-)

27 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

There is this confusing term showing up on rest of the choices out there & on rest of the prominent e-commerce portals - "Dual channel" !?

What attributes on my OP indicate if the existing fitting is a single-channel or a dual one ?

Do hardware geeks prefer visiting physical retail outlets or is it really simple to shop these peculiarities online ? ?

A single stick of RAM will work in a dual channel slot. Dual channel is a technology that allows for better performance if two identical RAM sticks are placed in dual channel slots. 

I always buy online. I haven't bought computer hardware in a store within the last 10 years.

Edited by Daedroth

5 minutes ago, Daedroth said:

I always buy online. I haven't bought computer hardware in a store within her last 10 years.

Same here. Only thing I ever bought from BestBuy was a router that someone needed quick.

use the crucial page to determine correct model number required, then search india based resellers for that particular part number or see if you can cross reference that part with another part number for compatibility that would be available in your country.

is there a reason you're trying to match your current stick?

you may be better off just buying a full set for the ram size you want. You don't actually have to use Official Apple Certified Ram sticks :)

I used g.skill ram in my macbook pro for a good long time.

Newegg and a few other sites have a section for RAM confirmed to work on macs if you'd like to take a look.

https://www.newegg.com/Mac-Memory/SubCategory/ID-551

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/memory-mac-apple?cm_re=us-top-nav-_-us-flyout-memory-_-us-memory-mac-systems

Hi there !

Thanks to the community & Daedroth (Neowinian Senior) in special for venturing this out for me.

First of the 2GB has been tested with success !

Do you guys also encounter such a kind of 'whimsical' surge-pricing while ordering the same type for the second time ?

I tried several permutations to give this ( the surge-pricing ) a slip , but acceded in the end !

Can one assert paying same or a lower price by requesting Amazon via email, social-media platforms..etc. ?

I mean..do they even cater to such requests ?

How do you go about ordering the same product in succession ?

Pl guide..

Thanks.

VNnbCME[1].jpg