Oreo, "Allow background activity" slider.

One feature of Oreo you may or may not know about is the ability to go into apps inside settings, and then select the app you wish not to have run in the background. Select the app from the list then scroll down and tap on battery. Now for most apps, you will have a slider for "Allow background activity". When I found this out I was tickled. There are a ton of apps I wish not to have run in the background to save battery, such as the Walmart app and the Amazon app.

On LIneage OS pre Oreo there was a privacy guard which lets you turn off background activity on any app. I've missed that so much, and it's nice to have it on oreo. Now if only my v20 could get oreo.

36177263_10156372906467768_6355894476673646592_n.jpg

For a moment I thought you had found a hidden setting to talk to Oreo "Oreo, check for Software Updates" :D

You can go in to dev options and disable all background processes as well or limit them.  I used to disable apps in the background and on startup years ago.  Now, I do not worry about it and have not noticed any change in performance or battery life.  I believe there are apps that can make limiting background apps easier.

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

For a moment I thought you had found a hidden setting to talk to Oreo "Oreo, check for Software Updates" :D

Oreo's always had a undocumented feature called "Cream to cookie ratio"... was always kinda wasteful though, it involved cannibalizing other oreos