Do You Believe Telepathy?

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe Telepathy?

• Yes
    • No

As stated by the title, including telekinesis, precognition.

This thread is not intended to probe what is telepathy in particular. I am just using it as a means of chat at my spare time. :)

Why would identical twins be more likely to have telekinesis? I understand why, initially, someone might think that, because they share similar genes... but I don't see how that would in reality make it more likely. Anyway...

There are some new ideas around now about the universe (time/space) being holographic in nature. What that would mean is that everything holds infinite amounts of information, and not only that, but it holds ALL the information in the universe. From that, you could deduce that some people may be able to tap into the holographic nature of the universe, deciphering information that they them self did not learn, but which is inherently present all around them.

Telepathy and telekinesis are very, very different, so you can't really say "telepathy" and imply you are talking about telekinesis as well. But in my opinion, I don't think it is THAT far fetched that humans (or any other animal) would be able to evolve to control or manipulate electromagnetic fields. Other than that, I can't think of another way someone could move anything without physically touching it. But even with this ability, I don't understand how you would be able to target specific objects in 3D space, and be able to affect only the atoms and molecules surrounding that specific object. Very tricky stuff, so I dunno about that one...

Food for thought, if anything.

Edited by CrimsonBlur

Out of the three choices you gave, telepathy may exist. But, i dont believe it.

There may be some sort of "wireless" signal our brain can transmit, and someone else

receive. But, i dont know if i even believe that.

As far as telekinesis goes.. That kinda breaks the law of physics. So, no, i dont believe that.

And, for precognition. The ability to see into the future is something i'll never believe in.

It would mean to me, that the future is set in stone. Not an idea i enjoy to much.

I believe in telepathy and have had slight telepathic episodes. I think of something or an action and someone else does it, or I know something before they say it to me. People I have worked close with believed I was telepathic, they sometimes called me "Radar" like out of MASH.

Sometimes people can get good at "reading into" / analyzing the limited information they have available to them, can deduce, induce, etc., beyond what the average person does normally.

Pure psychic phenomena stuff? No.

Reading someone's subtle tells in poker can be excellent attention to detail and overall awareness, but there's nothing psychic about it.

Any "psychic" experiment attempted that appears to "work" can actually be broken down into comparable things when analyzed objectively. It's the same kind of stuff that "fortune tellers" work off of.

I belive in fate, as thought everythign in the worl were defined, everythign is efinitae and cane be expressed mathmaticaly (EVERYTHING that is). I also belive that if you listen well egnouf you can interpit what may happen to you (ive had way too many isntances of thinking about someone i havent seen in forever, and seing them like the next hour)

As stated by the title, including telekinesis, precognition.

This thread is not intended to probe what is telepathy in particular. I am just using it as a means of chat at my spare time. :)

Precognition yes, have had many personal experiences

telekinisis... not sure :unsure:

Out of the three choices you gave, telepathy may exist. But, i dont believe it.

There may be some sort of "wireless" signal our brain can transmit, and someone else

receive. But, i dont know if i even believe that.

That pretty much sums up as much as I can make out as well.

Sometimes I wonder if people can just hear very well.

Then of course, there is the complicating matter of how much unconcious/non-verbal communication humans have as it is, much less adding a 'telepathic' skew into the mix...

It is probably going to be a while before science gets anywhere on this issue.

I know in college what I learned of the research it seemed to me that they were going about it completely wrong...seems that trying to transmit visual information via 'telepathy' is sort of like trying to describe smells using colors...its just not what humans are good at. Now, trying to transmit emotional information without using conventional methods...there is an avenue where basic human tendencies would allow a greater chance of sucess...at least that is the way I would imagine it would work if there is such a thing.

---

I have seen and experienced a lot of things that I can't explain the 'how' of. That doesn't mean there are not scientific explinations...its just that science isn't anywhere near complete enough yet to describe the manner in which certain phenomenom can occur...

---

The answers are out there...but when it comes to science, for all we have learned...we are still but children. So much more to discover!

G

out of the 3 choices the only one that i semi believe is Precognition mainly because i have had some weired experiences

not really future seeing but sometimes i'll be sitting somewhere bored and while thinking i would picture stupid thinks like walking by somewhere and seeing something happening, and a few days later when i less spect it, the thing i though about a few days earlier happens, its kindof like a deja-vu but insted of seeing things twice i picture it in my mind and then see it a few days later and then i just be like "didn't this happen last week" and that just freaks me out :wacko:

Edited by tiger2k