February desktops

how is that amazing? The options panel is not laid out as well, the featureset isn't as great (unless you want to spend time digging up plug-ins to duplicate what Trillian Pro has OOB), and connection options are not as clear and concise, in my opinion. Miranda also does not have metacontacts (and I was unable to find a plug-in for that), which I find necessary to keep my contact list relatively short. The only think I do like about miranda is the fact that it uses the native theme of the OS, and the icons/emoticons/etc are easier to change. Themeing trillian can be a pita, even with /stixe.

I have tried miranda several times, and after spend a half-out fidgeting and fussing with it just to get it connect to the IM servers, configuring the options, and swapping out the fugly default icons, I feel I haven't accomplished anything, and Trillian is still better for me. the only advantage I can see is that miranda is free, while trillian pro is not. still, it's worth the money to me because i use it all day every day.

Then perhaps you can explain why even though I have my information for all my accounts set up correctly, miranda refuses to connect. it shows aim and icq as being connected, but none of my contacts are online. msn wont even connect no matter what i do. i kill miranda, bring up trillian, and everything is there. miranda has promise, but right now, it pretty much sucks if you cant get up and running at least in a couple of minutes.

Then perhaps you can explain why even though I have my information for all my accounts set up correctly, miranda refuses to connect. it shows aim and icq as being connected, but none of my contacts are online. msn wont even connect no matter what i do. i kill miranda, bring up trillian, and everything is there. miranda has promise, but right now, it pretty much sucks if you cant get up and running at least in a couple of minutes.

sounds like a user operation error to me. the only thing trillian has over miranda is meta contacts and, well, i don't use them.

Here we go! :D

wallpaper Green Gradient by I-can't-remember :p

theme SmoothStripes Traffic Gloss by Max Rudberg

icons World of Aqua by Dave Brasgalla

021304_tn.png

Click thumbnail to enlarge (581KB)