• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

White Helmets coordinating with al-Nusra to stage chemical attack in Idleb

nagokod    108

Local sources said that in August 11th, al-Nusra terrorists transported two trucks full of barrels from a factory for recycling chlorine near Atma town to Ariha town, handing them over to the Turkistani Islamic Party terrorists who took them to their headquarters that were set up by the Turkish authorities in Jisr al-Shughour area.

Yesterday, The US, Britain, and France issued a joint statement expressing “concerns” over a military attack on Idleb and threatening to respond to any use of chemical weapons, which implies that these states are planning to stage another chemical incident and exploit it as an excuse to attack Syria, just like what happened on April 14th.

Continue reading: https://sana.sy/en/?p=145238

• Like 1

nagokod    108

The attack would be used as a pretext for US, UK and French airstrikes on Syrian targets, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov said. USS ‘The Sullivans,’ an Arleigh Burke-class Aegis guided missile destroyer, was already deployed to the Persian Gulf a couple of days ago, he added.

The destroyer has 56 cruise missiles on board, according to data from the Russian Defence Ministry. A US Rockwell B-1 Lancer, a supersonic bomber equipped with 24 cruise missiles, has also been deployed at the Qatari Al Udeid Airbase. 

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/436812-syria-chemical-weapons-provocation

• Thanks 1

nagokod    108

The Russian military has received information from several sources in Idlib Province that “a large supply of poisonous agents has been brought to the city of Saraqib on two trucks from the village of Afs,” Major-General Aleksey Tsygankov, head of the Russian Center for Reconciliation of the opposing sides in Syria, said in a statement.

The chemicals were delivered to an arms depot, used by the militant group Ahrar al-Sham, “accompanied by the eight members of the White Helmets organization,” Tsygankov said, adding that the cargo was met by two high-ranked Ahrar al-Sham commanders.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/437091-militants-syria-chemical-weapons-provocation/

nagokod    108

Moscow has briefed US diplomats on a plan by militants to stage a false flag chemical weapons attack in Syria's Idlib province meant to frame Damascus, the Russian ambassador in the US has said.

Anatoly Antonov, the Russian ambassador in Washington, confirmed to the media on Wednesday that he had met with the US special representative to Syria, James Jeffrey, and David M. Satterfield, acting assistant secretary of state for near eastern affairs.

The attendees of the rare meeting and the fact that it had taken place earlier this week was revealed by US State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert during a daily briefing.

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/437201-idlib-syria-chemical-provocation-meeting/

nagokod    108

The US military and intelligence have already compiled a list of preliminary targets they would strike in response to another chemical weapons incident in Syria, CNN reported, citing the US administration officials.

The military are ready to “respond very quickly” at any moment if the US President Donald Trump decides to launch another strike against the Syrian government, one such official told CNN, adding that no decision to “take action” has been made yet. However, the intelligence experts already “assembled” targeting data of what they described as “chemical weapons facilities,” the media outlet reported.

Source: https://www.rt.com/usa/437374-us-strike-target-list-syria/

nagokod    108

gns.jpg?w=620

Full downloadable PDF here: Global Network for Syria Statement August 2018

Dr Tim Anderson, University of Sydney

Lord Carey of Clifton, Crossbench Member of the House of Lords and former Archbishop of Canterbury

The Baroness Cox, Crossbench Member of the House of Lords

Peter Ford, British Ambassador to Syria 2003-06

Dr Michael Langrish, former Bishop of Exeter

Lord Stoddart of Swindon, Independent Labour Member of the House of Lords

30 August 2018

For enquiries contact Peter Ford 07910727317; peterford14@yahoo.com

Edited by nagokod

nagokod    108

A number of Syrian state and media-linked YouTube accounts have gone dark, as the battle for Idlib looms amid Russia’s warnings of an imminent false-flag chemical attack and Western preparations for retaliatory strikes.

On Saturday afternoon, the channels belonging to the Syrian presidency, the country’s Ministry of Defense, and SANA news all showed a message saying: “This account has been terminated due to a legal complaint,” or “This account has been terminated for a violation of YouTube's Terms of Service.”

The Damascus-based Sana TV's channel on YouTube also appeared to be taken down, with a message reading: “This page isn't available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else.”

Source: https://www.rt.com/news/437979-youtube-syria-government-media-channels

nagokod    108

The Russian military has obtained “irrefutable” data that terrorist groups, including Jabhat an-Nusra, and the infamous White Helmets met in Idlib province on Sunday, according to the ministry’s spokesperson Igor Konashenkov.

The militants plotted the final scenarios for the chemical attacks that the Syrian army are expected to make in the cities of Jisr ash-Shugur, Serakab, Taftanaz and Sarmin, the Russian military revealed.

“Full readiness of all participants involved in the staging of the provocations is be ensured by the evening of September 8,” Konashenkov stated. He added that the terrorists are to receive a “special” signal from some “foreign friends of Syrian revolution” to launch the operation.

Source https://www.rt.com/news/437953-idlib-syria-attack-terrorists/

theyarecomingforyou    10,428

OP, there must be easier ways to spread Russian propaganda than repeatedly posting to a Neowin topic that nobody else has responded to. One has to quesiton your agenda when you have so few posts here and all of them are pushing a political agenda. There is no attempt at legitimate debate or discussion here.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

FunkyMike    1,875
3 hours ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

OP, there must be easier ways to spread Russian propaganda than repeatedly posting to a Neowin topic that nobody else has responded to. One has to quesiton your agenda when you have so few posts here and all of them are pushing a political agenda. There is no attempt at legitimate debate or discussion here.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean its Russian propaganda. Try harder.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

nagokod    108
5 hours ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

I'm glad you don't take for granted the info I've posted. Nobody should. That's why I started the topic on Conspiracy subforum. But I encourage to see things also from other viewpoints than what western mainstream media offers, especially on such important topics. Otherwise you might live in an information bubble. I used to.

edit: Do you think Assad would sabotage Syria's victory by launching a chemical attack, especially when he knows how USA and allies would react?

• Like 2

FunkyMike    1,875
2 hours ago, nagokod said:

edit: Do you think Assad would sabotage Syria's victory by launching a chemical attack, especially when he knows how USA and allies would react?

Honestly I don't even think that too many people in the West know that this is one of the last holdouts in the Syrian conflict. The media doesn't talk much about Syria over here anymore unless they are trying to push an agenda such as the one you posted. 

Speaking of chemicals:

US jets strike Syrian town with banned white phosphorus bombs – Russian Defense Ministry

https://www.rt.com/news/438008-us-strikes-syria-white-phosphorus/

7 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean its Russian propaganda. Try harder.

You do realise that RT stands for Russia Today, right? And it has been frequently criticised by regulatory bodies and analysts for misleading content. Further, this was posted by a new user who has posted exclusively from RT.com in this topic, which should always raise eyebrows.

But sure, pretend it's just me claiming everything I disagree with is Russian propaganda if it makes you feel any better.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

Honestly I don't even think that too many people in the West know that this is one of the last holdouts in the Syrian conflict. The media doesn't talk much about Syria over here anymore unless they are trying to push an agenda such as the one you posted.

The issue is that you apparently get all of your news from a single source directly aligned with the Russian government, which has a political agenda concerning Syria given the military action it is taking there. And don't get me wrong, I'd be just as critical if you were getting all your information directly from the White House as well. It concerns me that you're clearly checking RT.com on an hourly basis and immediately coming here to post that information despite no interest from other posters here. You're pushing an agenda.

• Facepalm 1

wakjak    22,443
3 hours ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

You do realise that RT stands for Russia Today, right? And it has been frequently criticised by regulatory bodies and analysts for misleading content. Further, this was posted by a new user who has posted exclusively from RT.com in this topic, which should always raise eyebrows.

But sure, pretend it's just me claiming everything I disagree with is Russian propaganda if it makes you feel any better.

Case in point. 

IE:

5 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

US jets strike Syrian town with banned white phosphorus bombs – Russian Defense Ministry

https://www.rt.com/news/438008-us-strikes-syria-white-phosphorus/

Vs: reality :

Russia pounds Idlib, accuses US of using white phosphorus bombs

Russia's military said on Sunday that the US had carried out bombing attacks on military targets in civilian areas in Syria's Deir el-Zour province using white phosphorus, according to the TASS and RIA news agencies.

Two American F-15 planes carried out bombings on September 8 targeting the area of Hajin in the Deir el-Zour region using incendiary phosphorus ammunition," Russian General Vladimir Savtchenko said in a statement.

"These strikes resulted in fierce fires. We are clarifying the information concerning possible deaths and injuries," he said.

The jihadi "Islamic State" (IS) group, which the US under President Donald Trump has pledged to wipe out, still holds sway in a small area of Deir el-Zour.

The Geneva Conventions bans the use of bombs with white phosphorus against civilians and against legitimate military targets in areas where the population is mostly civilian.

Russia, which is giving military assistance to its ally Syrian President Bashar Assad in combating an insurgency, was itself accused in March by the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights of using incendiary bombs in an offensive against the rebel stronghold of eastern Ghouta near the Syrian capital, Damascus.

Residents and rescuers said that Syrian army helicopters had dropped barrel bombs on villages in southern Idlib, killing at least two children, while Russian jets were reported to have carried out raids on rebel positions in the neighboring province of Hama.

https://m.dw.com/en/russia-pounds-idlib-accuses-us-of-using-white-phosphorus-bombs/a-45423228

nagokod    108

U.S. senator meets with Syria's Assad, claims West is planning fake chemical attack

"We knew about four weeks ago that British intelligence was planning to work to stage a false flag chemical attack to pretend that it was the fault of Syria and to blame it on Syria and then to come to the rescue of Al-Qaeda," Black told Al Mayadeen, a Lebanese outlet that is supportive of the Syrian government and its allies.

source: https://www.newsweek.com/senator-meets-assad-claims-west-planning-fake-chemical-attack-1110161

Edited by nagokod

5 hours ago, nagokod said:

A US politician who has frequently appeared on Russia Today and praised Syrian leader Bashir al-Assad, as well as defending Russia's annexation of Crimea. He's a state senator and Trump sycophant. He has absolutely ZERO credibility and has produced no evidence.

17 hours ago, wakjak said:

This is the desktop link for anyone interested, as the mobile site is unable on the desktop.

This is exactly my point.  When you look at other sources they paint quite a different picture. Russia alleges one thing but other observers on the ground, including the UN, allege something very different. Are we expecting to believe it is a massive conspiracy and only Russia, which has an active military campaign to support the Syrian leadership and has been accused of war crimes, is telling the truth?

Russia is becoming much more aggressive in its propganda. Here we see someone new to Neowin posting hourly updates from Russian media sources about an issue that nobody has expressed any interest in. This is a tech website and yet OP has posted exactly ZERO comments about tech. Highly questionable.

• Facepalm 1

nagokod    108

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that anonymous US Administration sources have secret intelligence showing that Syrian President Assad has given the order to use chlorine gas in Idlib province. Does this sound a little like the "anonymous sources" and "secret intelligence" used to lie us into the 2003 Iraq war?

techbeck    7,365
18 hours ago, theyarecomingforyou said:

This is a tech website and yet OP has posted exactly ZERO comments about tech. Highly questionable.

Welcome to Neotics.  I suspect you will see more if this....as sad as it is.

Edited by techbeck
  • Like 3

nagokod    108

Filming of staged chemical attack in Syrian Idlib begins - Russian MoD

Footage, meant to serve as proof that the Syrian government has conducted a chemical weapons attack in Idlib, Syria, is to be handed to global news outlets by the end of Tuesday, the Russian military claims.

Several Middle East TV channels and one US news channel have been sent to the city of Jisr al-Shughur in Syria’s Idlib governorate to produce the footage needed for the provocation, a statement by the Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation said in a statement.

Source: RT

6 hours ago, nagokod said:

Source: RT

Thanks for sharing Russian propaganda. Much appreciated. ?

• Haha 1

DConnell    6,585
On 9/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, theyarecomingforyou said:

Russia is becoming much more aggressive in its propganda. Here we see someone new to Neowin posting hourly updates from Russian media sources about an issue that nobody has expressed any interest in. This is a tech website and yet OP has posted exactly ZERO comments about tech. Highly questionable.

Neowin hasn't really been a tech website for a long time. It's no surprise that a new member would participate in the forums that are actually active, which these days are not the tech areas.

But do you really think Russia would be using a site like Neowin to spread propaganda? ? I'd hardly call that an effective use of resources.

DConnell    6,585
7 hours ago, techbeck said:

Welcome to Neotics.  I suspect you will see more if this....as sad as it is.

I prefer the name "NeoPol". ? Which would make the users NeoPolitans.

techbeck    7,365
5 minutes ago, DConnell said:

I prefer the name "NeoPol". ? Which would make the users NeoPolitans.

I prefer Neowin.  But sadly, looks like I am going to have to find another actual tech site in order to discuss tech related things.  Especially if more people join to keep the RWN sections active. 

Oh well, times change I guess.... :/

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this