Have to clear cache to view newer pics

On both my wife's phone and my phone, if we have previously viewed a picture from any folder or anything, we have to clear the phone's internal cache to view next picture. Don't really know how to explain perfectly, but if I receive a pic in a text message and want to view it full size, it will show up what ever pic I previously looked at until I clear the internal storage cache.

We both have LG phones. Mine is a LG XPower and I don't recall what hers is. Both are running Android 6.0.1.

Don't know of a single other person that has ever experienced this and searches I've done don't solve the issue.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you

Is the issue just when you try and view the next picture or specifically when you receive a picture via a messaging app?

It would be good to understand what you tried?

For example, if you open a photo is Whatsapp/Viber does this issue happen? Can you try changing your default photo app to something else and see if that makes a difference?

It's like this. Say you sent me a pic and I opened it fully. If you sent me another pic and I tried to open it fully, it would show me the first pic you sent me until I clear the internal cache. That's about the simplest and best way I can explain it.

No that makes sense :)

• Does this happen in a particular app? SMS/Text etc and does the same thing happen in other messaging apps like Whatsapp/Viber?
  • Have you tried changing the default photo viewing app and seeing if that makes a difference (for example, Google Photos)

Only happens in the default text app. Don't use any other type texting app. No, haven't tried changing default photo app. I assumed pics opened right within the text app itself?

2 hours ago, Xahid said:

I don't know much about LG phones, but if there is some cleaner or booster kind of builtin App, try it. or search Ccleaner in Play store.

Yeah, I've used Ccleaner and Clean Master. No difference.

Can't say I know if the photo opens in the app or if it jumps to another app for that, but definitely the next thing to try would be to install another photo-viewing app and set it to be the default, then try again. If the problem keeps happening then try changing your text application and set that to default and try again.

50 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Can't say I know if the photo opens in the app or if it jumps to another app for that, but definitely the next thing to try would be to install another photo-viewing app and set it to be the default, then try again. If the problem keeps happening then try changing your text application and set that to default and try again.

Seems like if it opened an external app to view pics, wouldn't that app be open when I cleared the apps that are open?

Just might give that a try though as this really tics me off and has been for a while now!

5 hours ago, cork1958 said:

It's like this. Say you sent me a pic and I opened it fully. If you sent me another pic and I tried to open it fully, it would show me the first pic you sent me until I clear the internal cache. That's about the simplest and best way I can explain it.

It kind of sounds like it's saving the photos to the phone automatically when you get a photo via text and then the program stupidly opens the first photo in that folder (or something). Try Opening up google photos or the Gallery and see if all these photos are sitting in an attachment folder and if you don't want the entry deleting them and see if the issue goes away.

After reading your first post i'm starting to think you both are using a different third party photo viewer?

14 hours ago, warwagon said:

It kind of sounds like it's saving the photos to the phone automatically when you get a photo via text and then the program stupidly opens the first photo in that folder (or something). Try Opening up google photos or the Gallery and see if all these photos are sitting in an attachment folder and if you don't want the entry deleting them and see if the issue goes away.

After reading your first post i'm starting to think you both are using a different third party photo viewer?

Oh no! No third party crap on our phones!! Wife's phone has absolutely no other app other than what came with phone, except Friefox and mine only has Vonage phone app, Firefox and Dish Anywhere app installed. Phones get used for nothing other than texting and phoning. Don't really know why I keep those 2 apps on my phone as they are never used.

Photos are auto saved to SD card, which now that I think of it, that seems to be when my phone started screwing up. It had some how started saving them to the phone, then one day it suddenly asked me if I would like to save to SD card  as default. Hmm, now that you made me think about that, I might have to look into that weirdness.

On 9/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, Nick H. said:

Didn't want to try this but did anyway. No difference. :(

Guess I might have to go see what I can come up with in one the LG forums.

7 hours ago, Daniel204 said:

Hey @cork1958

You should follow this answer might be you solved your problem.

As I said above, I didn't want to try all that, but I did anyway, and it made no difference. That was yesterday though. Went back to using the default photo and texting app. Sister sent me 2 pics today that actually opened correctly!

We'll see how long that lasts!

Thanks