Sync Calendar App with iCloud Calendar?

Hi guys,

A friend of mine uses a Mac computer but has recently bought an Android phone, and he is trying to synchronize his iCloud calendar with his new device. After a quick look this morning it seems that he needs to install something that will act as a CalDAV client, is that right? If so, does anyone have any suggestions? If it's not the case, can someone provide me a different way to get this to work?

To note, he is not looking to import/export his calendar from iCloud to Google Calendar. He would like to continue using the iCloud calendar, but have it available on his phone as well.

Cheers all.

1 minute ago, xendrome said:

Yeah, I've made that suggestion to him and he said he would give it a go. I just wanted to be sure that such an app was the only way to do it and that I wasn't missing something. I figured someone here must have had this issue in the past. (Y)

Huh, I always thought there would be an easier way...kinda like Add my iCloud account. Choose to sync Calendar, but not contacts/emails etc. 

Painful working with two ecosystems.

Edit...you can do it from an iPhone but can't find a way to do it from my Android :(