11 Dead, Several Others Shot At Pittsburgh Synagogue

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Eleven people have been killed and a number of others injured after a shooting at The Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill on Saturday.

Police sources tell KDKA’s Andy Sheehan the gunman walked into the building and yelled, “All Jews must die.” Sheehan’s sources confirmed that eleven people were dead. No children are among the deceased.

Bowers was reportedly armed with an AR-15 and two handguns.

The initial call to 911 was made around 9:54 a.m. and officers were dispatched to the scene within a minute.

/snip

KDKA

:(

Edited by Jim K
Updated title/post

2 hours ago, Nogib said:

Sounds like some sort of disgusting neo-nazi scumbag.  Honestly I'm kind of sad he surrendered.  There should be no quarter given to some crimes.

Robert Bowers, 46, was upset about HIAS, a Jewish refugee organization,  and their work.

anti-Semitic

anti-Trump (sorry guys)

Dirtbag

https://antisemitism.org.il/134105

Gab posts, account now deleted.

robert-bowers-1.thumb.jpg.de29c0f7976ac6cacb502f3aa33ece08.jpg

WANING!!: anti-Semitic, anti-Trump   comment.

597875458_bRobertBowers-3(Trump).thumb.png.c50c21a111346ddfd13dca98a0a82565.png

robert_bowers2.thumb.jpg.de9839b63cfd2d245909fdfc36a66c42.jpg

7 minutes ago, DocM said:

So Obama is responsible for shootings by Democrats or liberals while he was president?  Rep. Maxine Waters for Rep. Steve Scalise getting shot?

🙄

Go to the internet anywhere with a significant nu-republican presence and you'll probably go away believing that Antifa and George Soros are responsible for nigh on every violent act in America.

That detail aside, you know a guy is going to be really bad when he decides that even the pro Trump camp isn't racist and xenophobic enough for him. I don't believe Trump is responsible for this dirtbag's actions, but the alt right on the whole fit Hillary Clinton's "basket of deplorables" meme like a glove.

The sad truth is that with our society in America , you need armed guards in what used to be safe places. I hate saying that, but with our political divide people are too chicken ###### to even discuss mental illness or even studying gun violence , because of the 2nd ammendment. Two back to back heinous acts and we won't do ###### to fix it 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hamslammer said:

This has to be about the most idiotic reply that I have ever seen on any site.  You should be ashamed of yourself for being so uninformed.

lol I'm just echoing every other idiot on the internet/twitter... No one can seem to have a civil sensible non-conspiracy left vs right conversation anymore, so why even try. The internet is a toxic cesspool of garbage with uninformed individuals that have already made their mind up on a topic with 0 self education or fact based research.

3 hours ago, Noir Angel said:

Go to the internet anywhere with a significant nu-republican presence and you'll probably go away believing that Antifa and George Soros are responsible for nigh on every violent act in America.

Aside for Soros actually being quite a slime, and ANTIFA being warned about by DHS as a domestic terror threat  (under Obama) since 2016.

That detail aside, you know a guy is going to be really bad when he decides that even the pro Trump camp isn't racist and xenophobic enough for him. I don't believe Trump is responsible for this dirtbag's actions,

Totally. This guy's been off the rails for ~25 years.

but the alt right on the whole fit Hillary Clinton's "basket of deplorables" meme like a glove.

That comment in mid-September 2016 cost her the election, and somewhere on Neowin I posted as much when she said it.

It totally alienated the vast majority of rural, exurban and center-right people including most of the Midwest. This included many Democrats, the Democratic Farm Labor types around the Great Lakes especially. A tad hard to recover from.

The next week's party polling by Dems and Reps here in the Midwest showed it, but Clinton's team weren't checking them. They thought the Midwest was locked up. Her "Blue Wall." Not.

Democratic  operatives here were screaming at Team Hillary "FIX IT !!!" but <crickets>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nogib said:

Honestly I'm kind of sad he surrendered.  There should be no quarter given to some crimes.

I agree, he has lost the right to steal our oxygen as far as I'm concerned.

5 minutes ago, JR1966 said:

I agree, he has lost the right to steal our oxygen as far as I'm concerned.

Need I say, bring on the woodchipper?

Slow speed, dull blades, feet-first...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DocM said:

Robert Bowers, 46, was upset about HIAS, a Jewish refugee organization,  and their work.

anti-Semitic

anti-Trump (sorry guys)

Dirtbag

https://antisemitism.org.il/134105

Gab posts, account now deleted.

robert-bowers-1.thumb.jpg.de29c0f7976ac6cacb502f3aa33ece08.jpg

WANING!!: anti-Semitic, anti-Trump   comment.

Reveal hidden contents

597875458_bRobertBowers-3(Trump).thumb.png.c50c21a111346ddfd13dca98a0a82565.png

robert_bowers2.thumb.jpg.de9839b63cfd2d245909fdfc36a66c42.jpg

The problem is though Doc is that these types of people are stirred up by the ramped up political rhetoric of recent times. It just has to stop or these tragic events will continue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xendrome said:

lol I'm just echoing every other idiot on the internet/twitter... No one can seem to have a civil sensible non-conspiracy left vs right conversation anymore, so why even try. The internet is a toxic cesspool of garbage with uninformed individuals that have already made their mind up on a topic with 0 self education or fact based research.

While that is true it's all the more reason to stand up and fight against it. All we can do as individuals is act responsibly and not add to the problem.

45 minutes ago, JR1966 said:

The problem is though Doc is that these types of people are stirred up by the ramped up political rhetoric of recent times.

It takes 2 to tango. 

I've been involved in politocs since the 1960's, in both party's and as an independent (still a  ticket-splitter) and this has been going on since the 1970's.

Much of it started with Nixon, and was made worse by the publication of Rules for Radicals, a political cookbook. Both of which begat the Politics of Personal Destruction we see today. 

The left used the stunts in Rules for Radicals first, then the right responded in kind in the early 1990's (Newt Gingrich etc).

Back 'n forth ever since.

It just has to stop or these tragic events will continue. 

Good luck with that.

The only way it will end is when the center right and center left bury their hatchets and cut it out, then they join the leaning centrists to form new centrist-focussed partys.

Let the neo-nazis and overboard "progressives" go fish. Mirror images of the same rotten fruit, they are.

Edited by DocM

4 minutes ago, DocM said:

It takes 2 to tango. 

I've been involved in politocs since the 1960's, in both party's and as an independent (still a  ticket-splitter) and this has been going on since the 1970's.

Much of it started with Nixon, and was made worse by the publication of Rules for Radicals, a political cookbook. Both of which begat the Politics of Personal Destruction we see today. 

The left used the stunts in Rules for Radicals first, then the right responded in kind in the early 1990's (Newt Gingrich etc).

Back 'n forth ever since.

Good luck with that.

The only way it will end is when the centef right and center left bury their hatchet, then join the leaning centrists to form new centrist-focussed partys.

Let the neo-nazis and overboard "progressives" go fish.

It starts at the top Doc and that's the President. He has to set the tone and lead by example. Someone, somehow has to find a way to get through to the President that his words matter, every last one of them. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JR1966 said:

It starts at the top Doc

TOPS, JR1966, tops. As big a blowhard as Trump is people in both party's and the media were going after him with both barrels long before he announced.

Counterpunchers like Trump don't respond well to that, especially New Yorkers,  so what'd they expect?

He immediately started trolling them to provoke excessive responses to damage their credibility, and it worked. Now his polls are as high or higher than his predecessors at their first midterm.

and that's the President. He has to set the tone and lead by example.

CC: Maxine Waters, et all.

Someone, somehow has to find a way to get through to the President that his words matter, every last one of them. 

Again, CC: those on the left who trigger off every word then invent a few conspiracy theories to boot. 

Cease fires require everyone to stop shooting.

Edited by DocM
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DocM said:

Counterpunchers like Trump don't respond well to that, especially New Yorkers,  so what'd they expect?

Fun fact: Trump lost his home state and city. Yet we in NYC elected Giuliani, twice.  I guess it's the person and not the party. 

56 minutes ago, Joe User said:

Fun fact: Trump lost his home state and city. Yet we in NYC elected Giuliani, twice.  I guess it's the person and not the party. 

local politicians and issues usually are different than national issues.  By that same token, Giuliani wasn't that great of a national candidate.  You can say it's the person and not the party, but no Republican since Reagan has won NY or NYC.  New York is a majority liberal state and city, it's just what it is.

1 hour ago, Joe User said:

Talking personality types, not loyalties. 

NY is more in your face.

Here they'll smile at you then, eventually, serve it up cold. 

Edited by DocM