Strange issue with USB attached HDD attached to router

20 minutes ago, neoraptor said:

As others pointed out, the router probably uses old Samba protocol which is not supported in newer windows builds. With so little information everything is just a wild guess, start with ping, check network adapter settings if client for ms networks/file sharing is enabled, check firewall (public, private). There are many things which can be wrong.

I would suggest to get someone to setup your network, otherwise sooner or later you'll have problems.

I can ping 192.168.1.1 from the other systems and it responds in >1ms, as for Samba protocol I can check.

I would also guess prob related to smb1 being removed.. Which is a good thing - MS should of done it years and years ago!

What is the exact error you get when client does a net view \\192.168.1.1 from their machines?

Way to know for sure what is the problem is sniff the traffic and see what is going on..   If you PM a sniff from the machine when they try and access it will take a look see - but yeah would guess lack of smb1... Do not turn it back on - just get your data moved over to your nas.. You should be able to plug your usb into your nas as well and share it out if you still want to leverage the disk for storage.

So just curious what nas did you go with exactly - all I recall is it was a 2bay you got off newegg.