Anonymous Buyer Purchases Storage Unit for $500, Finds $7.5 Million Inside

What would you do if you found $7.5 million in cash?

That's the question an anonymous buyer faced when they purchased a storage unit for $500, only to find $7.5 million in cash in a safe that was inside. 

This, according to reality star Dan Dotson, of A&E's popular show, "Storage Wars."

Dotson says he was approached by a woman at a charity event in California. She told him a friend of hers recently bought the unit from Dotson and made the incredible discovery. 

Dotson refused to share the woman's name, location or the name of the unit's new owners, out of safety concerns. The auction was not recorded for the show.

Dotson said that once the original owners of the unit learned it sold, their lawyer contacted the buyer. At first, they offered $600,000 to return all of the money, before doubling the amount to $1.2 million.

The buyer agreed to keep the $1.2 million and return the rest.

Source

I'd call that a good investment.

Don't you usually forfeit the contents of a storage unit when you lose the unit itself? It was a nice gesture that the woman agreed to only keep the $1.2 million, but IMO she was within her rights to keep it all.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:08 PM, DConnell said:

Don't you usually forfeit the contents of a storage unit when you lose the unit itself? It was a nice gesture that the woman agreed to only keep the $1.2 million, but IMO she was within her rights to keep it all.

That is my understanding, and you sign documents to that effect, so she was well within her legal rites to keep everything.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:08 PM, DConnell said:

you really want to be on a bad side of people who hid 7.5M in cash in a locker and did not realize it until the unit was sold???

100% I would also take 1.2m .... no doubt!

you really think the legal rights will help her keep 7.5m and sleep soundl at night? also, stay alive?

1 minute ago, Jimmy1 said:

you really want to be on a bad side of people who hid 7.5M in cash in a locker and did not realize it until the unit was sold???

you really think the legal right will help her keep 7.5m and sleep soundly and alive??

Good point... we don't even know if the money is clean...

20 minutes ago, Jimmy1 said:

you really think the legal rights will help her keep 7.5m and sleep soundl at night? also, stay alive?

yea, like buying Walter White's storage with the pallet of cash in it...   LOL    (breaking bad reference)

35 minutes ago, Jimmy1 said:

The security system and gun I'd buy would help with that … 

• Haha 1