Install error

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

Assuming it's your ssd kicking up that error and not your image source drive then yes.

Is there a way to find out which? using laptop? Anything?

All else fails i could install a new SSD to see if I can install on that and if it works then I know it is a bad SSD and then return it to where i bought it and rma the current drive?

If you have a bad mechanical hdd this could also throw up the errors you are seeing, also windows could seem to stop responding at desktop as it tries to access the bad hdd, this would explain why windows seems to not do anything when you click on a programme. I would suggest removing the Mechanical hdd and just have your ssd in there, than try installing windows on your ssd again.

Ok, I have a Windows 10 installed on my computer. Now the only issue I am having is the bar on the bottom where the start button is located, there are icons with programs like explorer browser, mail and ect  and when I  click on them they stay minimized. When I place the mouse pointer on one of the icons it will open up a  small picture of the window that should be maximized but its shows as minimized. Plz see attachment below.

How do I fix it plz.

When you right click on the start button and select task manager it shows as minimized as well.

https://imgur.com/a/OKGapA0

I've seen that happen before when WDDM hardware acceleration was acting up with the video drivers. are you able to boot into safe mode to see if you can update drivers from there?

edit: you've had many topics created about various issues with your computer; personally if I were you I'd be getting close to calling it quits and try to resell the machine for as much as I can get even if it's just for parts and then buy/build a new machine

25 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

All set..TYVM for everyone's help.  :)

All set as in everything is working? What did you do?

19 minutes ago, warwagon said:

All set as in everything is working? What did you do?

Yes, everything is working just fine. For some reason i forgot I had an internal HDD and SSD in mt desktop. I took the HDD out and just left the SSD, installed win 10 and it was working ok but the minimized issue, My GF read about pressing windows key and P at the same timed and that solved that. What a PITA the 2 past days have been, Again, thx for everyone's help :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bruinator said:

All set..TYVM for everyone's help.  :)

If you're going to keep asking for help then you need to give us proper feed back in future as we're not mind readers and saying things like 'all set' means nothing to us.

We still haven't had confirmation if your HDD has gone t*ts up other than you took it out the PC.

27 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

If you're going to keep asking for help then you need to give us proper feed back in future as we're not mind readers and saying things like 'all set' means nothing to us.

We still haven't had confirmation if your HDD has gone t*ts up other than you took it out the PC.

And how am I suppose to do that. Bring it to a repair shop and pay them to tell me it's bad?

27 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

And how am I suppose to do that. Bring it to a repair shop and pay them to tell me it's bad?

I'm not having a go at you and I may have missed parts of this thread but I thought the plan was to test the HDD using software like Crystal Disk and report back?

19 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

I'm not having a go at you and I may have missed parts of this thread but I thought the plan was to test the HDD using software like Crystal Disk and report back?

Thank you. We told you for a few pages here for you to do that. Did you ever? no.

So what the f do we know?

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

Thank you. We told you for a few pages here for you to do that. Did you ever? no.

So what the f do we know?

Yes it would be nice to get feed back.