Ghostbusters (2020)

50 minutes ago, DeusProto said:

Will await casting and info on director, etc until I decide to see it. I'm hoping it is at least as socially conscious as the 'reboot' film and that they hire cast and crew from a non-profit service that seeks to diversify cast and crew such as Free The Bid. If it's just some chest thumping ultra-macho type film then I doubt I'll be interested.

Because the original Ghostbusters films were so "ultra-macho", right? 🙄

We're just looking for something akin to the originals in tone and quality, not 4 Rambos wielding proton packs. 

Sorry, but "socially conscious" and comedy just don't mix. Just listen to Mel Brooks.

16 hours ago, cork1958 said:

Personally, I think 1 of these is enough for this kind of movie.

The classic movie had a sequel - it wasn't as brilliant as the original, but it was still enjoyable. And Real Ghostbusters is one of the all-time best cartoons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem with the all female Ghostbusters movie wasn't that it was all female, it was a mix of things, first it was a reboot no one wanted, second the story was bad, 3rd the characters weren't done well.  I mean heck, you have f'ing Thor as their secretary but they've made him a good looking yet super dumb "dude" they keep around just for the eye candy, and that's suppose to be funny?   

When fans wanted a new movie they wanted a 3rd, a sequel to the first two, not a reboot.  That was what doomed the first movie from the get go, all the other stuff about the all female casting and stuff just added fuel to the fire as they say.

Anyways, this is a true part 3, I'm expected at least 1 or 2 of the original characters to be part of the show, this should be a handover movie to a all new, younger, team.  Hell it doesn't have to be 4 dudes, it could be 2 guys and 2 chicks, or 3 guys and 1 chick or w/e, I'm fine with that.   The key here is that you respect the original two and you expand on what's there, not do a poor reboot job.   And you can for sure expect a cameo of CGI ghost Egon, this is a given in my mind.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:57 PM, Xerxes said:

I have mixed feelings about this, however, if they could get Rick Moranis to make a cameo (or even a bigger part) that would be awesome.

Given that Moranis has pretty much hard retired from acting, it might be a stretch to get him back. Still, one can hope!

Looking forward to this!  Really wish the all-girl cast movie went in this direction (being a sequel rather than a reboot) but oh well... 2020 here we come!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, DConnell said:

Because the original Ghostbusters films were so "ultra-macho", right? 🙄

We're just looking for something akin to the originals in tone and quality, not 4 Rambos wielding proton packs. 

<snip>

You say that, but I wouldn't be opposed to someone like Terry Crews appearing as one of the cast :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

You say that, but I wouldn't be opposed to someone like Terry Crews appearing as one of the cast :D

They never said proton packs were lightweight.    The original movie made a note of how bulky and heavy they really are.  

I would be shocked if Ernie Hudson isn't in the movie.  They haven't verified/finalized all the cast yet.

I wonder who he's going to play?  We don't have any character info outside of the old cast coming back at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George P said:

I wonder who he's going to play?  We don't have any character info outside of the old cast coming back at this point.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!

Actually, he's probably too old for Oscar... When was GB2 out?

Edit: GB2 was '89 so Oscar would have to be 30 so must be a new character.

6 minutes ago, Zathras5 said:

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!

Actually, he's probably too old for Oscar... When was GB2 out?

It would make Oscar about 30 years old.  Not a far stretch for him to play Oscar I'd say.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Innervisions33 said:

I think we already knew this, but Aykroyd confirms he is in the new movie.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/another-familiar-face-confirms-their-return-for-ghostbu-1837967866

I saw the podcast with him on and when he said it, it didn't seem like a surprise to me.  The way I expected this to go is that the old crew hands things over to a new cast.   He couldn't say for sure if Bill was going to be in it though.

26 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

I saw something about Bill Murray not being in this remake but I can't find where that was now. This was within the last week or so.

He's being super dumb about it after all this time, just get in for a bit and give the fans what they want ffs.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

Kids? I'm not sure I agree but can't be any worse than the last attempt. Right???

last movie was a bad reboot.

This actually looks interesting and entertaining. It makes sense in a way since this is back in the original universe; these kids seem like they're the grand-kids of the original members, or at least one of them is; and they stumbled across where the originals had stashed their gear after retiring.

• Steven P. unlocked this topic