Brewery introduces Lucky Charms-flavored beer

NORFOLK, Va. - Whether you're a fan of the pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars or green clovers, if you're a beer lover, you'll be cheering the new Lucky Charms beer.

And, yes... it's magically delicious.

SaturdayMorning_1920x1080-1.jpg

The Smartmouth Brewing Company in Virginia is releasing "Saturday Morning," their new Lucky Charms-themed IPA on March 2.

The beer is brewed with "house toasted marshmallows and cereal marshmallows in the mash, hopped with Galaxy and Calypso, and dry hopped a whole lot more."

It will be available in 16 oz. cans for a limited time.

Source

Just now, itzwolf said:

I am going to have to try this.

I wouldn't try it simply because I do not like IPA's, but you go ahead and report back and tell us how it tasted!

Man, the craft beer world is sprinting towards making beer taste like pastries, candy, and fruit juice.  Some are interesting, but this one sounds like it will be terrible.

I once homebrewed a blonde ale with Captain Crunch.  It tasted interesting before I fermented it, but post-fermentation it was terrible.  All that crappy sugar and preservatives they throw in cereal did not play nice with yeast.

Tired of IPAs.  Everywhere you go, IPA after IPA after IPA.  I think people think that higher alcohol content, which basically most IPAs are, makes a better beer.  Give me a dark, brown, amber beer any day of the week.

• Like 2

Just now, timster said:

Next up, beer that tastes like a pop tart or toaster strudel!

No, next up pop tarts or toaster strudel that taste like beer! :D

• Like 2

At first I thought, "what the?! That sounds terrible!" Then I remembered that my current beer of choice is BrewDog's Punk IPA which is quite a sweet IPA itself. So I guess I'd give this a go, despite never having eaten Lucky Charms and not being in the Virginia.