• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Pixel Cheaper on Amazon

techbeck    6,660
Posted (edited)

Looking to get a new phone finally but noticed that the Pixel 3 XL 128gb is $200 cheaper on Amazon. as compared to  Google's site.    Not sure exactly why.  Google site it is $999, while on Amazon, it is about $799.

https://www.amazon.com/Google-Pixel-Unlocked-GSM-CDMA/dp/B07KDWMP86/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=pixel+3+xl&qid=1552051344&s=videogames&sr=8-4

That is the link to Amazon's site.  Says sold by Google.  And if it is $200 cheaper, why is that?  It is an unlocked phone and I will be using it on Verizon and looks to be the same as Google's site.

Edited by techbeck

Jim K    12,289

"Ships from and sold by The Whiz Cells"

• Facepalm 1

techbeck    6,660

Looks like they are not selling through Google but still not sure how they can discount it by $200.

Just now, Jim K said:

"Ships from and sold by The Whiz Cells"

Yes, just saw that.  Not sure why the discount tho.

Jim K    12,289
4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Looks like they are not selling through Google but still not sure how they can discount it by $200.

Yes, just saw that.  Not sure why the discount tho.

Good question. From the description, price, etc., it appears to be a good deal.  Absolutely no experience with the seller...nor am I sure of Amazon's protection of buyers with respect to third party sellers. 

Seems fine though...I guess. 

tsupersonic    1,720

You'd be crazy to buy a Pixel 3 at full retail price right now. It's been discounted by Google many times, and Pixel 3 128 GB was recently $749. Just wait for a sale. 

spikey_richie    208

Seems legit /s

+warwagon    12,606
27 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

You'd be crazy to buy a Pixel 3 at full retail price right now. It's been discounted by Google many times, and Pixel 3 128 GB was recently $749. Just wait for a sale. 

Ya it would be like buying gan Amazon Echo Dot at full price or  Amazon Firestick 4k at retail price.

techbeck    6,660

I am hoping for a deal soon.  Don't really want to pay $1000 for a phone.  Just checking what is out there really.