• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

App scheduler that you use

Bruinator    31

Hi,

I use lookout app as an AV / security for my phone. I would like to fine an app which will allow me to set up scan to run automatically on it. Is there an app to accomplish this?

thx

Nick H.    9,448

I use Tasker to automate tasks, but I haven’t set it up to scan using Lookout so I’m not sure if you can set that. I think it should be possible though, you can download a trial version to see.

• Thanks 1

Bruinator    31
47 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I use Tasker to automate tasks, but I haven’t set it up to scan using Lookout so I’m not sure if you can set that. I think it should be possible though, you can download a trial version to see.

Nick,

When you have some time, could you plz help me with setting up a task using this app so I can get an idea how to use it in your own words? I dont have my phone to fool around with it. I would really appreciate it. If you are busy, may be someone else could help.

thx

Brandon H    2,711

I have Lookout/Knox on my Galaxy A6 and can tell you it automatically scans any newly installed apps and I'm pretty sure it auto scans files after they download too.

Is a scheduled full scan really needed?

• Like 1

Bruinator    31
1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

I have Lookout/Knox on my Galaxy A6 and can tell you it automatically scans any newly installed apps and I'm pretty sure it auto scans files after they download too.

Not really sure if it is or not? Your advice / opinion?

thx

Nick H.    9,448
11 hours ago, Brandon H said:

This was my initial thought. Since Lookout scans all apps that I download - both from the store and unknown sources - I've never thought about performing a manual scan. But it wasn't the question and it gives me an opportunity to plug Tasker; honestly the best app I've paid money for. 😛

Brandon H    2,711
6 hours ago, Nick H. said:

This was my initial thought. Since Lookout scans all apps that I download - both from the store and unknown sources - I've never thought about performing a manual scan. But it wasn't the question and it gives me an opportunity to plug Tasker; honestly the best app I've paid money for. 😛

16 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Not really sure if it is or not? Your advice / opinion?

thx

For the reasons Nick stated I don't believe a manually scheduled full scan is necessary

Those features are probably the developers reasoning on not including a scheduler as well. the other android AV apps are all the same way from my experience as well.

If you do want to set a scheduled scan then I'm sure Nick can help you pull that off with the Tasker app he uses but as an alternate to a task scheduler I believe one of Lookout's subscription features is live protection on non-secured wifi (i've had a trial notification come up on my phone mentioning it)

• Thanks 1