Falcon Heavy: ArabSat-6A (mission)

Sounds like a big crowd...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/space/os-bz-spacex-falcon-heavy-advance-20190402-story.html

Space fans descend from around the world for the launch of SpaceX's powerful Falcon Heavy

One will drive through the night, 12 hours non-stop across three states. Another will catch a five-hour flight, from a humble Midwestern town known for salt, to a Southern city known for space.

And another still will traverse the Atlantic Ocean, enduring a layover and 17 hours of travel for a glimpse at the most powerful rocket since men walked on the moon

SpaceX's Falcon Heavy rocket commands that kind of awe, the sort that will lure space enthusiasts from behind their computer screens for a taste of the real rumble of a rocket launch. More than 100,000 are expected to come out when Falcon Heavy attempts its first commercial launch.
>

Oooooo....to have been a fly on the wall....

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/nasa-s-17-billion-moon-rocket-may-be-doomed-it-ncna991061

>

"I'll never forget being at Marshall with the leadership team the day that SpaceX announced the Heavy," said Lori Garver, NASA's deputy administrator from 2009 to 2013. She recalls NASA officials telling her: "Lori, you have got to tell your friend Elon he can't do that. He's in our lane. You made us get out of low-Earth orbit, so we've given him that lane, but this is our lane. We build the big rockets."
>

😏🚀🚀 😃

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Space & Universe are already streaming.

That isn't a live-stream.  That is last years Falcon Heavy (notice the white landing legs/service tower).

Capture.thumb.JPG.c5407764b086053ccab1625fe3600675.JPG

Arrrgh ..

12 minutes ago, Jim K said:

That isn't a live-stream.  That is last years Falcon Heavy (notice the white landing legs/service tower).

Capture.thumb.JPG.c5407764b086053ccab1625fe3600675.JPG

Bleh. Figures. Sorry all. >.<

1 minute ago, Unobscured Vision said:

Arrrgh ..

Bleh. Figures. Sorry all. >.<

Well, I was watching it for a few minutes then went ... "Wait a second here... Something doesn't look right" then it hit me. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Well, I was watching it for a few minutes then went ... "Wait a second here... Something doesn't look right" then it hit me. LOL

Didn't even occur to me to look at the fairing. >.< oof.