Holey Light puts Notification LED Light around hole punch on Samsung Galaxy S10's

wait; is there really no notification light on the S10? Why would they leave that out of a flagship device?

On 4/10/2019 at 12:45 PM, Brandon H said:

wait; is there really no notification light on the S10? Why would they leave that out of a flagship device?

Because they knew someone could create it. That's what nice about the Android unlike Apple. So stop being sarcastic and go back to your Apple fan threads.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, Xenon said:

There is no LED at all? Screw that. 

Well now there so you don't have to "Screw that" and don't act like that.

1 hour ago, Scutley said:

Because they knew someone could create it. That's what nice about the Android unlike Apple. So stop being sarcastic and go back to your Apple fan threads.

my question was quite serious and I do not appreciate the snarky response. I do not currently even own any Apple products.

A software solution like that will always eat up more power than an actual LED notification light. plus this app is not even official from Samsung, it's an XDA project because the functionality is missing.

What reasoning could Samsung possibly have for leaving a simple notification LED off of a flagship device; I personally cannot think of anything. the LED could easily be on the side or something if they absolutely needed it off of the front face.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, warwagon said:

2 hours ago, Brandon H said:

my question was quite serious and I do not appreciate the snarky response. I do not currently even own any Apple products.

A software solution like that will always eat up more power than an actual LED notification light. plus this app is not even official from Samsung, it's an XDA project because the functionality is missing.

What reasoning could Samsung possibly have for leaving a simple notification LED off of a flagship device; I personally cannot think of anything. the LED could easily be on the side or something if they absolutely needed it off of the front face.

2 hours ago, Brandon H said:

It is coming in an update but we don't need it through Samsung anymore because holey light pretty soon will become out of BETA and be exactly what Samsung comes out in their update. To  me that's what great about Android.