Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker

Title just announced at Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019.

December 20th.

The trailer to follow (it looks good). :)

Can't be any worse than the last one, the only way to go is up. So did Carrie Fisher record footage for the next one too or is she CG?

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Can't be any worse than the last one, the only way to go is up. So did Carrie Fisher record footage for the next one too or is she CG?

Not CG.

J.J. is using previously unreleased footage shot during The Force Awakens. 

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

Not CG.

J.J. is using previously unreleased footage shot during The Force Awakens. 

Dude must have had a long term plan.

5 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Dude must have had a long term plan.

Or he knows how to write scenes around the footage he has. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Rise of Skywalker? But how when they are all dead? Well in universe Leia isn't, but still. Unless they literally retcon Rey's parentage and she is a Skywalker.

Ok so watched the trailer - I knew going in the rumor was Palpatine would possibly be involved in this somehow (along with Vader maybe...kinda). But god damn hearing his laugh at the end gave me chills.

Edited by LOC

22 minutes ago, LOC said:

Rise of Skywalker? But how when they are all dead? Well in universe Leia isn't, but still. Unless they literally retcon Rey's parentage and she is a Skywalker.

Maybe Luke's force ghost will force choke Palpatine's force ghost?

Edit: Maybe the force ghosts (Luke, Anakin, etc) will come into play with helping Rey, et al., end the First Order/Empire.

As Obi-Wan told Darth Vader .... "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

...not sure what force ghosts have done which is "more powerful" aside from Yoda blowing up a tree.  Time to put Obi-Wan's words into action....

Edited by Jim K
Extra thoughts

37 minutes ago, LOC said:

Ok so watched the trailer - I knew going in the rumor was Palpatine would possibly be involved in this somehow (along with Vader maybe...kinda). But god damn hearing his laugh at the end gave me chills.

It could be that Rey ends up being a Skywalker, or as a stretch, a reincarnation of Anakin in some way.   I think it probably has to do more with Palpatine creating Vader and the whole Skywalker lineage, so instead of referencing the present with the title, it is just a wrap up of the way all the things Palpatine set in motion have played out.  My money is on R2D2 being the real Lord of the Sith the entire time.

2 hours ago, LOC said:

There is one other person with Skywalker blood that isn't dead... and he's only shown in the trailer for about a second.

Edit: Also this is JJ Abrams right? Should we expect Lens Flare: the movie - the sequel?

22 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

There is one other person with Skywalker blood that isn't dead... and he's only shown in the trailer for about a second.

Yup, Dark Side will win this one and prepare the path for a new nonuplet of movies :)

Just now, Yogurth said:

Yup, Dark Side will win this one and prepare the path for a new nonuplet of movies :)

I just watched the trailer again and the ship she jumps over at the start of it is his, not sure how I missed it the first time.

As long as its better than the last garbage I'll be ok.

Too much diversity and political correctness pushed into a saga of a movie that just wasn't needed.

Probably not worth opening a new thread for this:

Star Wars: Live-Action Thrawn Looks Just Like Pierce Brosnan

Star-Wars-Thrawn-Pierce-Brosnan-Art.jpg?

Star Wars has unveiled an official mural for the entire saga for Star Wars Celebration, and the live-action style art looks eerily like Pierce Brosnan. After establishing that all former Expanded Universe content would be labeled "Legends" and deemed non-canon, one of the characters most lamented by fans was Grand Admiral Thrawn, but fortunately, he's made a return into official canon in recent years in a big way.

Introduced to Star Wars canon by Star Wars Rebels, Thrawn is a ruthless Imperial Grand Admiral intent on hunting down and destroying the Rebel cells that are starting to form an organized resistance to the Galactic Empire. He disappeared at the end of the series and it's not known exactly where he went, along with Ezra Bridger, but several books have been released in the meantime chronicling his life leading up to the events of Star Wars Rebels.

The fact that this new image of Thrawn is the spitting image of Pierce Brosnan could be a total fluke, but given the way Lars Mikkelsen voices the characteron Star Wars Rebels and the way the character's internal monologues are written by Timothy Zahn in his new Thrawn novels, Pierce Brosnan would be a perfect fit for the character. It's definitely understandable if this new official art triggers speculation about a possible Thrawn live-action appearance, played by Pierce Brosnan, in the near future. This is especially interesting as a cover for Thrawn Alliances previously put him next to Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker, but that version of Thrawn looked a lot more like Jon Hamm.

Thrawn-Alliances-Cover-Art-Cropped.jpg?q

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-thrawn-live-action-actor-pierce-brosnan/

In other news: The Mandalorian should be out towards November.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Excitement up

Edit: Not sure if there are enough Star Destroyers though

Why does her face look CG at the end?