• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

No quote/like comment options on mobile iOS.

Vandalsquad    515

Displays like this image below. Makes it a bit hard just jab at the screen until I get the comment box to come up but. 

58DE3B8F-006C-4BEF-9DD3-FF01E8321492.png

Mindovermaster    2,132
20 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Displays like this image below. Makes it a bit hard just jab at the screen until I get the comment box to come up but. 

What are you using? Looks like an iPhone to me...

It shows up in Android. Could 'maybe' that you have icons disabled... IDK

adrynalyne    12,122
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

58DE3B8F-006C-4BEF-9DD3-FF01E8321492.png

It’s likely a race condition with the JavaScript. Refresh it a few times and it usually shows up.  It’s very annoying. 

7 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

What are you using? Looks like an iPhone to me...

It shows up in Android. Could 'maybe' that you have icons disabled... IDK

Nah it’s a bug.  I’ve not tried it on Android but it’s definitely an issue with iOS. 

Mindovermaster    2,132
2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Nah it’s a bug.  I’ve not tried it on Android but it’s definitely an issue with iOS. 

No? hmm... I never use iOS, so that would explain it...

adrynalyne    12,122

@DaveLegg you confirmed this as an issue some time ago (a month or so), and mentioned it would be fixed. Any eta? It’s still an issue. 

DaveLegg    1,000

I've borrowed an iOS device to take a look at this, but I'm unable to reproduce it. If you have any more information about when it's happening (specific articles, articles with a certain number of comments, only on every other Wednesday, whatever) that would be helpful.

adrynalyne    12,122
1 hour ago, DaveLegg said:

I've borrowed an iOS device to take a look at this, but I'm unable to reproduce it. If you have any more information about when it's happening (specific articles, articles with a certain number of comments, only on every other Wednesday, whatever) that would be helpful.

Linear mode, and only on articles with comments, it doesn’t matter what browser you use. I thought we had discussed this before and you confirmed it was an issue?  Anyway, try that. Eventually it will show up. 

DaveLegg    1,000

I confirmed it wasn't a javascript issue, as there's no javascript involved in showing/hiding the icons. I've just switched to Linear view, as I was testing with the default threaded view previously. I'm still seeing the icons and unable to reproduce  the problem. If you see it again, and are able to plug it into a mac and look at it with the inspector, that would be really helpful in tracking down the cause. I spent two hours this evening attempting to connect to the iOS device from the chrome dev tools on a windows laptop, and had no luck - unfortunately I don't have a mac to connect it to

Vandalsquad    515

Still have the issue, is on my phone 24/7 with anything with comments, just checked my partners iphone who had never viewed the site same issue. 

Let us know if anyway to help. 

DaveLegg    1,000

Just wondering, do you see the comment icon on the homepage next to the author line?

neowin_sprite.jpg

adrynalyne    12,122
Posted (edited)
On 9/18/2019 at 1:11 PM, DaveLegg said:

I confirmed it wasn't a javascript issue, as there's no javascript involved in showing/hiding the icons. I've just switched to Linear view, as I was testing with the default threaded view previously. I'm still seeing the icons and unable to reproduce  the problem. If you see it again, and are able to plug it into a mac and look at it with the inspector, that would be really helpful in tracking down the cause. I spent two hours this evening attempting to connect to the iOS device from the chrome dev tools on a windows laptop, and had no luck - unfortunately I don't have a mac to connect it to

Just as soon as this is updated for iOS13.x, I'll  get you what you need. Its happening in Chrome for me, so...

https://github.com/google/ios-webkit-debug-proxy