***Do not install "Chrysler Golf" game***

Who do you blame anyway. Most companies will outsorce production of software for promotions as they probably don't have game programmers in their company. How would one know that there would be this kind of effect.

Remember that apple glitch that caused the program to wipe the whole drive if there was a space as the first character in the HDD name. Wonder how many angry emails they got for that :p.

Good luck emailing them!

"reputable company" doesn't mean much here since it can happen to anyone

whoever created installer/uninstaller for this game was braindead.

No, actually, any company who properly uses InstallShield, Wise Installer, or Windows Installer wouldn't have had this problem.....hence, DC's quality department missed this one. 90% of all software from reputable developers is hassle-free when it comes to uninstalling, but we'll save that discussion for another board. Don't want to hijack your thread, cause you've got a great point.

I'd say call up their PR/marketing people. You'll be able to actually talk to someone and they'll likely listen. A little Googling came up with these numbers:

Marc Henretta, 1-248-512-6218

James Kenyon, 1-248-512-2936

both of Chrysler Group Marketing

If it helps.

Google "R-Studio NTFS"

I've used this to recover deleted files from many drives after the files or even partitions have been deleted. You can recover anything that hasn't been overwritten, but remember to recover it to a different drive.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine. I let him borrow my NFS Hot pursuit 2 for the PC and when he uninstalled it, it erased everything from his my documents folder. I did recover whatever I could for him though. Another reason why I'm glad I backup things to dvd now :D

well, i tell you what, im in my first year of law school, i may be studying United States Criminal Law (MPC) but, i'm pretty sure any software that is mass released as a final version cannot have anything about not being liable for damage to the End-Users computer. You can sue for negligence of some kind, but i am not familiar with civil suits, definetly sue for any lost files, especially those of value, and you could probably get and Emotional Distress Cause Of Action Suit if you pushed it and had a very good attorney. anyway sorry about what heppend man, tough loss, and good luck.

I'd be way p|ssed too...but that's why I don't install anything unless it's from a reputable company. DaimlerChrysler is hardly reputable....

Yeah...gotta consider the source sometimes. Backup Backup!

absolutely call and bitch at them. You don't have to threaten leagal action but if you get ****ed enough they may assume it is coming. Anyway, i know if you write an educated, well thought out letter with vaild and reasonable points, good things will happen. I have received many discounts and other "perks" from large companies such as Disney with strong, bold, but SMART letters. Goodluck man.

damn

that does suck

but you can't really blame chrysler, they payed someone to make it, so they ****** up.

same **** happened to before with a diffrent program like a year ago

damn

that does suck

but you can't really blame chrysler, they payed someone to make it, so they ****** up.

same **** happened to before with a diffrent program like a year ago

Yeah but their brand name is on it so they are just as responsible as the ones who actually wrote the program.

Like someone mentioned, if it's just filled with stuff that really isn't yours then just be happy you didn't lose everything. If that's not the case, you should do your best to make sure Chrylser knows that your ****ed and that you want some type of compensation for your loss.

sorry about your losses. atleast you did save some files, better than nothing i guess. :pinch:

i assumed you installed it in your applications/games partition? if so, it shouldn't be such a problem, just install those programs again. have you considered using one of those undeleting programs (what you use if you emptied your recycle bin)?