There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

  • Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Forum Association


 Share

Recommended Posts

Association might be the wrong word, but work with me. :laugh:

 

This has been bugging me, and I want to know if you think this is right...

 

This Forum: "The Cloud (Internet, Network, VPN & Security)"

 

Souldnt that be: "Networking ______ (Internet, The Cloud, VPN & Security)"

 

I remember it used to be called Network something-or-other. The Cloud does not have anything to do with Networking (switches, routers, AP, varying software)

 

Think I explained that right. If not, please ask...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You misunderstand me.

 

Cloud is not a over Networking, though...

 

You do not create a Cloud to learn Networking, you learn Networking for setting up a Cloud.

 

That make any sense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Splitting hairs...

I'm sure BudMan or a Mod would understand what I mean... *waits*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Cloud is more relevant from an SEO point of view. Good SEO will get Neowin more page views and ad revenue.

 

I could honestly make an argument for wording it both ways though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

I'm sure BudMan or a Mod would understand what I mean... *waits*


Or....maybe  It’s just a forum name not unlike Neobahn (you can tackle that one next) and you read too much into it. Not sure why @BudMan was brought into this. ;)


 

 

Edited by adrynalyne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

I'm sure BudMan or a Mod would understand what I mean... *waits*

For what it's worth, I understand what you mean but I'm not going to fight for it. It's rearranging a few words to provide the same sense of what that forum is for. If it gets changed then fine, I probably won't notice. :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, Mindovermaster said:

Association might be the wrong word, but work with me. :laugh:

 

This has been bugging me, and I want to know if you think this is right...

 

This Forum: "The Cloud (Internet, Network, VPN & Security)"

 

Souldnt that be: "Networking ______ (Internet, The Cloud, VPN & Security)"

 

I remember it used to be called Network something-or-other. The Cloud does not have anything to do with Networking (switches, routers, AP, varying software)

 

Think I explained that right. If not, please ask...

:rolleyes: How about "The networking Cloud"?

 

🤣 ☁️ 🥅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do believe it use to be called just networking or something like that.

 

What does it matter.. They could call the section nerd stuff for all it matters ;)

 

As long as you know where to ask questions related to xyz.. If this title gets them more hits they can call it free beer if they want ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Daniel F. said:

:rolleyes: How about "The networking Cloud"?

 

🤣 ☁️ 🥅

How about something more creative like "The Switch Yard" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

How about something more creative like "The Switch Yard" 

The Neocloud Switch Yard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just something that bothers me. If no one else has an issue, whoop-dee-doo. Just sounds wrong to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Just something that bothers me. If no one else has an issue, whoop-dee-doo. Just sounds wrong to me.

Noted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

Just something that bothers me. If no one else has an issue, whoop-dee-doo. Just sounds wrong to me.

 

Sorry, I didn't validate your feelings on the matter. All opinions are important and listened to, even when not enacted . My reply was just a little light hearted banter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Daniel F. said:

 

Sorry, I didn't validate your feelings on the matter. All opinions are important and listened to, even when not enacted . My reply was just a little light hearted banter.

DW, I'm used to it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.