Is 2GB RAM Enough For a Tablet Only Being Used For Movies?

Hi!

Question. Is an Android tablet with 2GB of RAM enough just to play watch movies? I am not going to use it for anything other than to watch movies (streaming) plus a VPN. No email. No web browsing. No multitasking. No Social Media. Just movie streaming and a VPN.

The tablet I am referring to is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 32GB model with 2GB RAM and Android Pie 9.0

I have that same model and it works fine with up to x264 1080p Blu-ray rips (haven't tried 4K or H.265, so can't comment on those types of videos). I don't know also about the VPN but i'm inclined to say most definitively.

7 minutes ago, Setnom said:

I have that same model and it works fine with up to x264 1080p Blu-ray rips (haven't tried 4K or H.265, so can't comment on those types of videos). I don't know also about the VPN but i'm inclined to say most definitively.

I use the VPN because I am always connected to the public WIFI at the hotel I work at, but all I use the tablet for is streaming movies and that's it. I even deleted the browsers and the email apps because I don't care about any of that. That's what my iPad is for. Reason I got this Samsung tablet is because I didn't want to use the Pad to stream movies as I use it for work-related projects while I watch a movie 😏