Uber, Lyft Driver Protest Brings Manhattan Traffic to Nearly Dead Stop at Rush Hour

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/17/uber-lyft-driver-protest-brings-manhattan-traffic-to-nearly-dead-stop-at-rush-hour.html

"Uber, Lyft Driver Protest Brings Manhattan Traffic to Nearly Dead Stop at Rush Hour

Uber and Lyft drivers, protesting over pay and working conditions, brought traffic on the FDR Drive to a nearly dead stop at rush hour Tuesday morning."

"And as always, we encourage you to reach out to your local elected officials to let them know how you feel about these TLC regulations and explain how they've impacted you," Uber said in an online Q&A for drivers posted last Thursday."

___

"Reach out to your local elected official" - what a great way to send someone away as far as possible.

I've always found it puzzling as to why some protesters think that becoming a public nuisance is going to get people on their side.  Ironically that's the fastest way to drive a crowd against you.

Peaceful public education, based on facts, is always the best way to go about it.

On 9/17/2019 at 3:55 PM, Astra.Xtreme said:

I've always found it puzzling as to why some protesters think that becoming a public nuisance is going to get people on their side.  Ironically that's the fastest way to drive a crowd against you.

Peaceful public education, based on facts, is always the best way to go about it.

I think when people reach the level of "public nuisance-making"...  They're generally looking to embarrass the employer enough to improve working conditions to save face.  And I mean...  It HAS worked in the past...