My cat hit her head hard and passed away shortly after

20 hours ago, Jojo3leet3 said:

This is the 3rd kitten I’ve gone through within 2 months though so it’s not just a coincidence that they keep “running into things that causes head trauma and they die” so that’s why I question my fiancé.

Dear god. I take back what i said about not needing to know. That is really questionable.

Time to think, do you really want a cat or a fiance, because it sounds like its choice time. If it influences your choice at all... i wouldn't be comfortable living with someone who possibly killed 3 kittens in 2 months!

20 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Cats need a certain height to orient themselves. I think the idea is that if it's anything below a couple of floors they don't have the time. They also don't have a fatal terminal velocity, apparently, so you could throw a cat off the Empire State Building and while it wouldn't walk away unscathed it would still live. Apparently.

Ok, maybe not the Empire State Building. But 30 floors is quite high.

Umm, yeah...3 cats in 2 months is too many.

Yeah, i get that. What was odd about my old cat was that when he landed on his side, he just lay there for about 30 seconds dazed, as if thinking, "what the hell am i doing down here". My current cat does it, gets up, looks at us like we just pushed him off, then walks off as if to say he hates us lol :).

My friends cat jumped from a second floor flat... you could hardily know it was a cat by the time it hit the ground, so not quite sure how true that is.

Three kittens in two months? Either your partner is a cat killer or you have extremely bad luck. I have had several cats, including kittens, and many of my friends do. Not once have I heard that they 'just die' by running into something.

15 hours ago, restroom said:

Dear god. I take back what i said about not needing to know. That is really questionable.

Time to think, do you really want a cat or a fiance, because it sounds like its choice time. If it influences your choice at all... i wouldn't be comfortable living with someone who possibly killed 3 kittens in 2 months!

That mean that his fiance can run into things too? And go into shock? That scary...

After the 2nd dead cat, I would have started asking questions.  And I would have taken the cat to the vet to have it looked at to see what really was the cause of death.  Cats also have good eyesight and agility and typically do not run in to things and unless your stroller was a distance away from the couch, prob could not have gotten up enough speed to hit their head so hard it would kill them.    Never seen a cat bang their heads on things my family had many growing up. Also, what was the purpose of getting the cat out from under the couch?  Cats go under things and hide all the time.  My experience, they got there, they can get out.

Poor excuses and always the same one...cat hit their head....?  Would have been more believable to say they opened the front door and the cat ran out and have not seen it since.  Sounds like your fiance is cat killer. 

On 11/12/2019 at 4:08 AM, Riva said:

I also observed that people who passionately dislike pets tend to be the shittiest people :p

I totally agree!

because not caring for animals is one thing (like you don't hate them but don't exactly get excited to see them), but to go out of their way to dislike them and treat them badly is a red flag that they are generally a bad person. people like that are scum.

On 11/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Jojo3leet3 said:

I question it because this is the 3rd cat I’ve adopted and they’ve all had some type of trauma in the head when I’m gone at work, all within 2 months. I’ve never in my life went through so many animals in just two months and I’ve had cats for years and never had a problem.

Like others have pretty much said... sounds like a red flag as the odds of that being random chance seems pretty slim and is more likely intentional. because like already said, one time it easier to believe, two times is really suspect (especially in a short period of time), but three times the odds are definitely in favor of the person intentionally doing it especially in that short of a period of time and the excuses given seem highly suspect since it's the same one.