What was the last movie you watched? 2020 Edition

Just watched The Devil All The Time, very solid acting, while the plot isn't too deep, it's the characters/cast and the solid acting that make it good.  7/10, that might sound low to some but it's only because of how I rate the plot a little low.   It could just as well be a 8/10 for many.

• 1 month later...

Not a movie per se...but a 7-part series on Netflix.

The Queen's Gambit

(IMDB)

Synopsis: 

The series is a coming-of-age story that explores the true cost of genius. Abandoned and entrusted to a Kentucky orphanage in the late 1950s, Beth Harmon (Taylor-Joy) discovers an astonishing talent for chess while developing an addiction to tranquilizers provided by the state as a sedative for the children. Haunted by her personal demons and fueled by a cocktail of narcotics and obsession, Beth transforms into an impressively skilled and glamorous outcast while determined to conquer the traditional boundaries established in the male-dominated world of competitive chess.

I was bored the other day and stumbled on this.  Came across this and was like, well... don't really care about chess but let's see.  Anyway...

Was pleasantly surprised and immediately hooked that a binged this over two days.  Anya Taylor-Joy was magnificent ... as were the other supporting actors/actresses.  Beautifully acted, set designs were well done, story was nearly flawless ... I rarely looked at my phone.

Netflix originals can be a hit or a miss ... this was definitely a hit.  Dare I say one of the best series this year...

I highly recommend it.

• 1 month later...
  • Nick H. locked and unpinned this topic