stupid question

Not sure if this is a stupid question  or not but I am not too familiar with the nintendo environment... Does anyone over 35 years old have a Nintendo Switch lite? do they have adult oriented games? what other things you can do with the device other than gaming?

I'm not that old yet but I'm getting there (turning 29 this year) and have a Switch Lite.

It does have some more adult oriented games unlike previous Nintendo consoles; not many right now but some. It has Witcher 3. It has Saints Row 3 and soon to have 4 as well. I think it has some Resident Evil games. It also has a few more adult Indie games if you search through the store.

Nintendo is focused on the gaming aspect so there's not much besides gaming you can do on the console; after backlash they finally added a couple streaming apps but that's about it.

• Like 2

Nintendo is primarily targeted at family friendly gaming, there is some games that are targets at a more mature audience though, you just have to look, check out the Nintendo website to see a full list of games.

Unlike Sony and Microsoft Nintendo devices tend to target gaming only, as that's what it's meant to be a game console not an entertainment hub.

Also nothing wrong with a 30+ playing Pokémon 😛

It was the last DS model that had the original GBA cart slot.

In terms of non-kids games, don't know.

You may want to take a look at Modern Vintage Gamer youtube channel for some ideas on alternate uses.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjFaPUcJU1vwk193mnW_w1w

I do have one lying around, but I bought my towards the end of it's life, and didn't really play many games with it.

7 minutes ago, Eternal Tempest said:

It was the last DS model that had the original GBA cart slot.

In terms of non-kids games, don't know.

You may want to take a look at Modern Vintage Gamer youtube channel for some ideas on alternate uses.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjFaPUcJU1vwk193mnW_w1w

I do have one lying around, but I bought my towards the end of it's life, and didn't really play many games with it.

You just confused the DS Lite with the Switch Lite...

Nintendo's first party, is pretty much kid friendly but there are a LOT of 3rd party games for the switch, including M rated titles.

Here's an (un alphabetical list) of just M rated titles

https://www.esrb.org/search/?searchKeyword=&platform=Switch&rating=M&descriptor=All Content&pg=1&searchType=All

(Edit) looks to be 127 "M" titles alone. 

This is not counting "T" titles.

• 3 weeks later...

nice, what games you go for so far?

I just bought South Park: Fractured but Whole for my switch lite this weekend from walmart and should have it by Thursday. Just finished playing Stick of Truth on my computer over the weekend so I'm excited to pickup the sequel :) 

35 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

nice, what games you go for so far?

I just bought South Park: Fractured but Whole for my switch lite this weekend from walmart and should have it by Thursday. Just finished playing Stick of Truth on my computer over the weekend so I'm excited to pickup the sequel :) 

I am interested on the zelda breath of the wild game... Looking like an awesome game.

25 minutes ago, macoman said:

I am interested on the zelda breath of the wild game... Looking like an awesome game.

a lot of people like it so you may as well.

for me personally it sways too far from the classic zelda pattern. I like mildly linear story lines, semi-open world but not completely. The durability aspect is also a turn off to me. Items seem to break too easily and I'm left without any weapons often early game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, macoman said:

Not sure if this is a stupid question  or not but I am not too familiar with the nintendo environment... Does anyone over 35 years old have a Nintendo Switch lite? do they have adult oriented games? what other things you can do with the device other than gaming?

Hello there (36) 😄 Must haves:

- Animal Crossing New Horizons

- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Super Mario Odyssey