Trying to send a photo (MMS) and I get the error Recipient List Corrupt

I am trying to send a picture of my contact Rx, to a specific 5 digit number, but when I do it comes back with an error, Recipient List Corrupt. I can send MMS to regular phone numbers, but for some reason I can not send to the special numbers. What can be causing this, and how do I correct it?

Hello,

Do all short codes (the 5 digit number) support MMS?  I'm wondering if some only support the older SMS protocol.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

34 minutes ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Do all short codes (the 5 digit number) support MMS?  I'm wondering if some only support the older SMS protocol.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I would reasonably assume that they would accept MMS considering  they are ( at least  in this case)  are supposed to be accepting a picture.

1 minute ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

This was my thinking as well. Aren't the 5 digit numbers normally automated systems? They can read the code that you send in a SMS but they can't interpret a picture.

On 3/5/2020 at 3:26 AM, Nick H. said:

This was my thinking as well. Aren't the 5 digit numbers normally automated systems? They can read the code that you send in a SMS but they can't interpret a picture.

The specific instructions are to take a picture of your prescription, and send it via text message to the short code, so that is why I would assume that it is setup to except mms.

• 2 weeks later...

So it turns out that the issue was the carrier. I switched to Xfinity wireless and retried sending the picture and it worked, so I can only assume that the issue was the NVMO that I was using (since it was a CDMA provider still)