He has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them

9 hours ago, Peresvet said:

And the store owners, the producers, the manufacturers, and anyone working in the supply chain and logistics - are all laughing all the way to the bank. It's a frigging Black Friday sale in March!!!  for them.

I think stores/companies did not anticipate the rush for items or the selfishness of people.   Otherwise, they would have put limits on what you can by from the get go.  Now there are limits on things and these people you claim to be laughing are not anymore, if at all.  Contrary to the news articles that are popular, there are still a lot of caring individuals.  Like reports on people buying things when they see it, and then turning around and giving it away for free to those who could not get it.

We live in a dog-eat-dog world.

Each of us is just trying to take care of our own and our family.

Taking care of your family...sure.  But what a lot of people are doing goes above and beyond that.  One family does not need 500 rolls of TP.  These people....I hope karma hits them and hits them hard.

Whoever came earlier, got what they needed.

Hopefully this is true and the same people who hoarded before, will not again once shelves are restocked.  This and the limits on what people can buy/hoard and the banning of those who price gouge online will help reduce those who do hoard or were hoarding before.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, shockz said:

Came earlier and got what they needed? Are you justifying the people bulk buying 10 packages of 32 rolls of toilet paper? 

As for buying toilet paper in bulk, I'm gonna quote Forrest Gump for you: "Stupid is as stupid does" :D 

Was that your best example?

lmao

55 minutes ago, Peresvet said:

As for buying toilet paper in bulk, I'm gonna quote Forrest Gump for you: "Stupid is as stupid does" :D 

Was that your best example?

lmao

Completely evaded the question, and what other example do you need? You quoted a post that literally described that behavior in a picture... but it's a "dog-eat-dog" world. Sure, okay. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

had to look at ebay last night to see what purell was selling for good gawd...

it's not even a shortage, it's just a fake shortage created by hoarders... if the company said we couldn't make anymore then i could see a panic... but nope just lets buy it all up and resell

13 hours ago, shockz said:

Completely evaded the question

No, I haven't.

I mock people buying toilet paper in bulk just as much as I mock people "investing" in 17k bottles of sanitizers. Made my position crystal clear the first time. Sorry you missed that.

But I won't feel sorry for the people who have just come to their senses, realized they needed to purchase something, and become surprised at the sight of empty store shelves. By the way, this is the THIRD month of the outbreak we are living thru right now.

And you can ask any Russian who's served in the military or any real American doom-prepper, they'll all tell you the same thing:

In the event of a real doomsday scenario, it all comes down to just two categories of items needed for actual survival: canned food and bullets.

"But toilet paper"...lmao

On 3/15/2020 at 10:58 PM, Steven P. said:

89874425_660094384751821_3070275595091836928_n.jpg

What's more sad, they don't care at all, it's all me me me!

This picture says so much!

The guys in the OP news story deserve so much hurt :(

#toiletpapersagacontinues

Police in North Carolina find stolen trailer full of toilet paper

With the American population fighting over a single precious roll of toilet paper amid the coronavirus outbreak, police in North Carolina uncovered nearly 18,000 pounds of commercial bathroom paper products inside a stolen tractor-trailer on Wednesday.

Police said they aren't releasing the name of the driver because the topic of toilet paper is “fairly sensitive right now.

"After further investigation, it was determined the 53-foot Hyundai dry-van trailer was reported stolen locally and was being utilized to transport nearly 18,000 pounds of commercial bathroom paper products," the Guilford County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-north-carolina-find-stolen-trailer-full-toilet-paper

:D

I can't stand people who buy things in a attempt to make a huge profit by exploiting others when there are others who just want to use it.

but with that said... hand sanitizer is largely a waste of $. regular hand soap is far better and properly cleans a persons hands. the only time a hand sanitizer is good is if you need something quick without access to a sink/soap. but I would rarely get into a situation like that. so I largely don't use hand sanitizer.

On 3/16/2020 at 11:54 AM, shockz said:

Came earlier and got what they needed? Are you justifying the people bulk buying 10 packages of 32 rolls of toilet paper? For the span of a month or two? Even with a 4 person household, that's enough to last for years. We go through a roll every 2 weeks, if that. That's enough TP to last our household for 12 years. They got what they needed, and then quite some more.

Yeah. I can't stand when people do that stuff as all it does is screw over others who actually need to use it soon when you got those types who are set for WAY longer than they actually need.

because I can understand a person getting a bit of a surplus to be safe (say maybe 3-6 months supply), so they don't run out, but to buy a major excess (like where it will last years) is just stupid and screws over the common person who actually needs it, especially right now where it disappears off the store shelves pretty quickly and is hard to find.

because now that places are pretty much sold out... I think that gets everyone to be a little paranoid and they tend to buy more of it because of that. I just hope this toilet paper being out-of-stock does not drag on for too long as I just got lucky we happen to have enough for probably a month, maybe 2 months or so, as I am hoping by then things will stable out and people won't be buying too much of it to where it won't be hard to find by then. plus, you would think toilet paper manufacturers would increase volume since it's obvious they would make a bunch of $ right now given the higher demand.

but with that said... there is no way a single roll will last most people 2 weeks, as even conserving fairly well (say 2 (3 sheets max) sheets per wipe (which takes a fair amount of wipes to properly clean ones behind)), even on a decent sized roll, it's simply not going to last 2 weeks especially if you take a dump every day or every other day and have say a few people in a house etc who are similar. I have not exactly measured it but I would guess something in the ball park of 3-5 days a roll as I doubt a roll lasts a full week off the top of my head.