• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Site question

Bruinator    46
Posted (edited)

I have a thread under THE CLOUD section called wifi vs wired. If I go it under this section why do I see Votes instead of responses as the following:

image.thumb.png.510f5075051929c3a37dad859315bc9a.png

When i click on answers it's grayed out. This happens on different sections of the forum sporadically.

Thx

Nick H.    10,486

It's not sporadic, it is dependant on the sub-forum. If you post something in a help section it asks to provide a best answer according to the responses that you receive. If you post in a General forum there is no best answer, so it is first post, first serve.

Your thread is in an area where you are looking for an answer, so the best answer format is incorporated.

• Thanks 1

Bruinator    46
Posted (edited)

I think this happens when someone moves it to another section as I had it under windows section originally. Most every other time I post I see responses to all my other posts. It just happens on this site occasionally as I do not have this issue on other sites.

It is strange.

Bruinator    46
Posted (edited)

Mods or Steven P,

Why does this happen plz? 

Jim K    15,038

Why does what happen?  Nick already gave an explanation ... since your post was moved to The Cloud (Internet, Network, VPN & Security) sub-forum (where it belonged)... that sub-forum has the "best answer" format.  

Bruinator    46

After re-reading Nick's response. You are correct. Sorry for the above post.