Do you wear a mask when going out to the store/work/etc?

Do you wear a mask when going out to the store/work/etc?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a mask?

I am curious to see how many people wear a mask when shopping or doing outdoor activities. I put an option in for yes, because I have to at work, because quite a few employers are starting to require employees to wear them.

always when going to the stores... it is by law to be with a mask in NJ... all stores now says outside that mask is a requirement to get inside.

Yep. If I go somewhere where people congregate, like a store. Also now mandatory as a condition of staying open, so definitely at work (and obviously don't want to be that guy who gets the company fined).

Masks are not a requirement in The Netherlands to visit the supermarket, and I think the advice was not to wear one if you aren't sick, but wear one if you are. I don't see a lot of people wearing them here when I am out (not often).

4 minutes ago, macoman said:

always when going to the stores... it is by law to be with a mask in NJ... all stores now says outside that mask is a requirement to get inside.

I'm glad that this has not hit Florida yet, I have very strong opinions about the effectiveness of masks, and I'll leave it just like that.

1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

Masks are not a requirement in The Netherlands to visit the supermarket, and I think the advice was not to wear one if you aren't sick, but wear one if you are. I don't see a lot of people wearing them here when I am out (not often).

So do you do all your shopping for a month, or do you have it delivered?

3 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

So do you do all your shopping for a month, or do you have it delivered?

Combination. I order the bulk of it online and go get milk, bread and veg fresh at the store so it means I am not in the store for long and I can pick up the fresh goods.

Ordering online is backed up for weeks here but I managed to reserve a spot on saturday mornings.

3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Combination. I order the bulk of it online and go get milk, bread and veg fresh at the store so it means I am not in the store for long and I can pick up the fresh goods.

Ordering online is backed up for weeks here but I managed to reserve a spot on saturday mornings.

I guess we are lucky, we can get same day delivery on grocery and liquor orders!

Masks are required by EVERY STAFF at local hospitals. Though we and deliverers (from restraunts, UPS) are not required to wear masks.

But like above, if you are sick, you SHOULD wear a mask.

Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

I guess we are lucky, we can get same day delivery on grocery and liquor orders!

CHUG!!! :beer:

I voted no but only because I've only been out any where twice in the last month and 1 of those times was just to go deposit a check at the bank in the drive thru.

I wear a mask when unable to keep to the 2m social distancing rule - usually shops or enclosed spaces

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

There is new evidence that "micro droplets" hangout upwards to 3-4 hours, suspended in the area, especially in stagnant areas where people talk, sneeze, etc... since that came to light, the recommendation is that both sick and healthy individuals wear masks to avoid exchanging these micro droplets. 

I won't waste time or money with disposable gloves. I'd go through a dozen on days I have to go out and get things. I have plenty of hand sanitizer that I use as soon as I get in my car. Wash hands when arriving home.

Just imagine if the seasonal flu was taken as serious. I have a feeling some of these will be new norms. This pandemic has created a new generation of hypochondriacs and social distancing norms.

Not required here but I still wear one when I am in situations where I can't social distance myself. Even if its only 20% effective, that's 20% better than nothing.

I bought one for going to the store and wear my work PPE gloves, we also sanitizer the trolley handles with Tesco providing that.

At work I always wear PPE when I am in the Cleanroom but not when on a break.

19 minutes ago, shockz said:

There is new evidence that "micro droplets" hangout upwards to 3-4 hours, suspended in the area, especially in stagnant areas where people talk, sneeze, etc... since that came to light, the recommendation is that both sick and healthy individuals wear masks to avoid exchanging these micro droplets. 

I won't waste time or money with disposable gloves. I'd go through a dozen on days I have to go out and get things. I have plenty of hand sanitizer that I use as soon as I get in my car. Wash hands when arriving home.

Just imagine if the seasonal flu was taken as serious. I have a feeling some of these will be new norms. This pandemic has created a new generation of hypochondriacs and social distancing norms.

I heard that "The Corona" is a heavy virus and falls to surfaces quite quickly.

Been wearing one, friend of the family made some for everyone.. Got a nice looking tie-died one ;)

Running out to the liquor store here pretty soon, running low on beer..  Keep social distance, and all.. I have one, and have gloves so why not use them.. 

Not yet a requirement in my suburb, but many areas of chicagoland are joining in on making it mandatory...

• 4 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.f1a8e069d019b035a399e39e3600e4a8.png

I'm wondering if Japan has such a low count, because wearing a mask over there is just a way of life. That chart is from May 11th.

Maybe I should, but no I don't, but I don't go out much, once a week to the store, every other week to work, I only encounter two other people when at work, security and another tech, we don't make out with each other anymore and keep our distance, so we're probably ok.(famous last words).

image.thumb.png.7d63c1c4f7d86ff8f5e0b5de40706009.png