• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Do you wear a mask when going out to the store/work/etc?

Do you wear a mask when going out to the store/work/etc?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

jnelsoninjax    14,573

I am curious to see how many people wear a mask when shopping or doing outdoor activities. I put an option in for yes, because I have to at work, because quite a few employers are starting to require employees to wear them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macoman    2,919

always when going to the stores... it is by law to be with a mask in NJ... all stores now says outside that mask is a requirement to get inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zhangm    1,396
Posted (edited)

Yep. If I go somewhere where people congregate, like a store. Also now mandatory as a condition of staying open, so definitely at work (and obviously don't want to be that guy who gets the company fined).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.    16,809

Masks are not a requirement in The Netherlands to visit the supermarket, and I think the advice was not to wear one if you aren't sick, but wear one if you are. I don't see a lot of people wearing them here when I am out (not often).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    14,573
4 minutes ago, macoman said:

always when going to the stores... it is by law to be with a mask in NJ... all stores now says outside that mask is a requirement to get inside.

I'm glad that this has not hit Florida yet, I have very strong opinions about the effectiveness of masks, and I'll leave it just like that.

1 minute ago, Steven P. said:

Masks are not a requirement in The Netherlands to visit the supermarket, and I think the advice was not to wear one if you aren't sick, but wear one if you are. I don't see a lot of people wearing them here when I am out (not often).

So do you do all your shopping for a month, or do you have it delivered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.    16,809
3 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

So do you do all your shopping for a month, or do you have it delivered?

Combination. I order the bulk of it online and go get milk, bread and veg fresh at the store so it means I am not in the store for long and I can pick up the fresh goods.

 

Ordering online is backed up for weeks here but I managed to reserve a spot on saturday mornings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jnelsoninjax    14,573
3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Combination. I order the bulk of it online and go get milk, bread and veg fresh at the store so it means I am not in the store for long and I can pick up the fresh goods.

 

Ordering online is backed up for weeks here but I managed to reserve a spot on saturday mornings.

I guess we are lucky, we can get same day delivery on grocery and liquor orders!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster    3,634

Masks are required by EVERY STAFF at local hospitals. Though we and deliverers (from restraunts, UPS) are not required to wear masks.

 

But like above, if you are sick, you SHOULD wear a mask.

Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

I guess we are lucky, we can get same day delivery on grocery and liquor orders!

CHUG!!! :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cork1958    1,999

I voted no but only because I've only been out any where twice in the last month and 1 of those times was just to go deposit a check at the bank in the drive thru.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neufuse    4,382

required in Pennsylvania right now so yes........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsupersonic    1,955

Required in NY when you go out, so yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel F.    687

I wear a mask when unable to keep to the 2m social distancing rule - usually shops or enclosed spaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xenon    11,582

Yep. Mask, Gloves and a 1980's Duran Duran tee shirt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shockz    7,802
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

Masks are not a requirement in The Netherlands to visit the supermarket, and I think the advice was not to wear one if you aren't sick, but wear one if you are. I don't see a lot of people wearing them here when I am out (not often).

There is new evidence that "micro droplets" hangout upwards to 3-4 hours, suspended in the area, especially in stagnant areas where people talk, sneeze, etc... since that came to light, the recommendation is that both sick and healthy individuals wear masks to avoid exchanging these micro droplets. 

 

I won't waste time or money with disposable gloves. I'd go through a dozen on days I have to go out and get things. I have plenty of hand sanitizer that I use as soon as I get in my car. Wash hands when arriving home.

 

Just imagine if the seasonal flu was taken as serious. I have a feeling some of these will be new norms. This pandemic has created a new generation of hypochondriacs and social distancing norms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,991

Not required in the UK and I don't wear one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+Zag L.    813

Not required here but I still wear one when I am in situations where I can't social distance myself. Even if its only 20% effective, that's 20% better than nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ    318

I bought one for going to the store and wear my work PPE gloves, we also sanitizer the trolley handles with Tesco providing that.

 

At work I always wear PPE when I am in the Cleanroom but not when on a break.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peresvet    365

Yep, I've been wearing a mask + glasses for over a month now when I go outside.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    13,924
19 minutes ago, shockz said:

There is new evidence that "micro droplets" hangout upwards to 3-4 hours, suspended in the area, especially in stagnant areas where people talk, sneeze, etc... since that came to light, the recommendation is that both sick and healthy individuals wear masks to avoid exchanging these micro droplets. 

 

I won't waste time or money with disposable gloves. I'd go through a dozen on days I have to go out and get things. I have plenty of hand sanitizer that I use as soon as I get in my car. Wash hands when arriving home.

 

Just imagine if the seasonal flu was taken as serious. I have a feeling some of these will be new norms. This pandemic has created a new generation of hypochondriacs and social distancing norms.

I heard that "The Corona" is a heavy virus and falls to surfaces quite quickly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shockz    7,802
+BudMan    3,724

Been wearing one, friend of the family made some for everyone.. Got a nice looking tie-died one ;)

 

Running out to the liquor store here pretty soon, running low on beer..  Keep social distance, and all.. I have one, and have gloves so why not use them.. 

 

Not yet a requirement in my suburb, but many areas of chicagoland are joining in on making it mandatory...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon    13,924

image.thumb.png.f1a8e069d019b035a399e39e3600e4a8.png

 

I'm wondering if Japan has such a low count, because wearing a mask over there is just a way of life. That chart is from May 11th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaredFrost    320

Maybe I should, but no I don't, but I don't go out much, once a week to the store, every other week to work, I only encounter two other people when at work, security and another tech, we don't make out with each other anymore and keep our distance, so we're probably ok.(famous last words).

 

image.thumb.png.7d63c1c4f7d86ff8f5e0b5de40706009.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechJunkie81    726

Yup I wear a mask everywhere I go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,597

Yes to some places, no to others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.