I get literally 4 icons on other forums but I get 21 on this post. Why is this? How do I embed a URL into my post?

I came here to ask how to embed an external URL into my post on other forums. And I as I write this message I have 21 available icons sitting above this textarea control (or whatever it is). Why do I not get all 21 icons on other forums?

Those are features provided by whatever forum software those web sites are using. 

No, you're not understanding. Or let me be humble and say maybe I wasn't very clear. It's in 2 different forums on this very website.

I don't quite understand what you're saying you're having an issue with either. could you post some screenshots of the differences you see?

If you're talking about the comments in the Front Page articles then that's a different comment system that's just linked into the forums.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:32 AM, TheGodOfKratos said:

No, you're not understanding. Or let me be humble and say maybe I wasn't very clear. It's in 2 different forums on this very website.

Hello sir, you are right. The news comments only have 4 icons because it is a different editor (one we build ourselves) while in the forums it is another software called IP Board, which gives you 21 icons.

It is currently not possible to embed tweets or videos in the news comments like it is possible in the forums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1