No network connection for 30ish seconds after desktop (Win 10)

6 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

I had exactly the same problem and it was my ISP so there it is possible.

No its not... We are not talking about windows taking time to show it has internet access.  He is saying its taking 30 some seconds before the nic shows it is even connected to the local network.

Have you tried disable power management on the nic...

15 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

It is the local connection.  Not pulling an up address for 30 seconds.  This the local network before it even tries to get out to the internet.   It could be a switch issue.  

You could try turning off hybrid boot... Which I believe is default on windows 10...

powercfg -h off

The shut it down... Then turn it back on..

problem is with Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver, downgrage to 2019y drivers and disable sleep mode

image.thumb.png.55bcd0b8e5d8a901c2d91514982c4fe7.png

9 minutes ago, Marujan said:

problem is with Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver, downgrage to 2019y drivers and disable sleep mode

image.thumb.png.55bcd0b8e5d8a901c2d91514982c4fe7.png

possibly for that one but there are two other NIC's that are having this issue also

so Killer drivers have no way to set speed / duplex to 1000 Full only 100 Full so set it to that... rebooted same issue

went to the switch set the port to 100 FDX and got a connection instantly

This is on my unifi switch, need to try it on my catalyst tomorrow...

but that gets rid of 1Gbps... ugh

Same solution on my 10Gbe NIC.... but of course no more 10GbE

Not really a solution but maybe more insight into the problem

Yeah that would point to an issue with the neg of speed.. which why I would suggest trying same a dumb switch to see if you see the same issue.

51 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

I’m not going to suggest that you don’t know what you’re talking about, just that you have no idea what everyone else is talking about...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BudMan said:

Yeah that would point to an issue with the neg of speed.. which why I would suggest trying same a dumb switch to see if you see the same issue.

used a cheapo trendnet 8 port unmanaged switch, same issue.... not as long but it's there... it's about 10ish seconds on it

well 2 systems at work turned out to be exacerbated by Wireshark's npcap driver, adds a lot of time to the NIC startup....

but it does get faster on the catalyst switch when you have fastpath turned on and set to 100 FDX on both ends

systems with npcap take 40-50 seconds to get a NIC enabled, remove npcap and it drops to 20 seconds... turn on 100 FDX and it's instant

Not sure if this helps any but I was fixing a laptop the other day and when I fresh installed windows everything seemed fine. After patch Tuesday updates got applied from the 9th I remember seeing this happen although I didn`take much notice!

Do these systems all have the latest patches from last week? Could that be when/where the problem started. I`ll try another couple of laptops later to see if they have the same "issue".

Good luck.

12 minutes ago, Riggers said:

Not sure if this helps any but I was fixing a laptop the other day and when I fresh installed windows everything seemed fine. After patch Tuesday updates got applied from the 9th I remember seeing this happen although I didn`take much notice!

Do these systems all have the latest patches from last week? Could that be when/where the problem started. I`ll try another couple of laptops later to see if they have the same "issue".

Good luck.

probably, when windows does a clean install it "gets latest patches" during the install never seem to have any available when it gets done to install, and the work systems get patched weekly

The network adapter troubleshooter could be worth a shot, nothing in Event Viewer that might point towards any issue? Uninstall wireless network adapter could be another. I wonder if the network cards although being different makers could all still have the same chip in, that may explain it somewhat, because why now, all of a sudden, out of the blue, on different networks!

30 minutes ago, Riggers said:

The network adapter troubleshooter could be worth a shot, nothing in Event Viewer that might point towards any issue? Uninstall wireless network adapter could be another. I wonder if the network cards although being different makers could all still have the same chip in, that may explain it somewhat, because why now, all of a sudden, out of the blue, on different networks!

no events i can find

the 10GbE one at least has an aquantis chip, one as an Intel chip and the other is a Realtek so all different chipsets

I have npcap drivers installed..

What version of npcap do you have installed..