Samsung S20 disable vibrate on mistyped letter?

jebus197

Hi I have gone through almost (I think) every setting I can find related to vibration/haptic feedback while typing on my Samsung S20. However despite my best efforts and having disabled everything I could find (including in G-Board settings (which is the keyboard I use)) ,the keyboard still vibrates/gives haptic feedback, particularly when my phone detects (I think) that maybe I mistyped a letter? This will often cause the keyboard to crash to desktop on the S20 - which is crazy annoying. Is there a setting somewhere that maybe I have missed that will let me disable this 'feature'?

Haptic feedback is useful in some scenarios I guess. But mostly as I understand it, it was largely intended for games. But I have no interest in games - and in terms of the keyboard and daily usage, it just seems like a pointless battery drain.

Any ideas?

Nick H.

I've noticed with the S20+ that the keyboard is somewhat nuts. It pops up when I don't want it, it refuses to write what I enter (although the autocorrect seems to recognize what I write...) But I'm using the one that was provided, not a 3rd party keyboard.

Unfortunately I've got no suggestions at the moment. I'm still trying to find a solution to my issue, and apparently going for the 3rd party solution is not the way forward. 🤔

Steven P.

In One UI you can manage the haptic feedback in Settings under Sounds and vibration

Screenshot_20200727-141214_Settings.jpg

I imagine that G board is using the Touch interactions or maybe Samsung keyboard portion for mistypes if there are no settings in G board to disable the behavior?

• Like 1
jebus197

Yeah, I have all of that disabled. It's still happening.

• Sad 1
jebus197

Anyone?

goretsky

Hello,

Google gives some advice here:  https://support.google.com/gboard/answer/6102154?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

If those do not work, perhaps reporting a bug to Google/leaving feedback on the app in the Google Play Store would be the next step?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

jebus197

It was an app. 🤨