New Privacy Page/Prompt


Recommended Posts

adrynalyne

Any particular reason I need to re-read and accept this every 24 hours on iOS?

 

Is there an OS setting I’m not aware of, or do you guys have a cookie set to 24 hours lifespan?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne

Ignoring my question doesn't make it go away. This also happens on my PC.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ

Try clearing your cookies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Try clearing your cookies.

on an iPhone and a Windows machine? Hm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
+warwagon

I also got this on my iPhone and I feel like I got it more than once.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

on an iPhone and a Windows machine? Hm.

Yes, see what happens as I had a cookie issue a while back on both and that fixed it for me with Neowin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
4 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Yes, see what happens as I had a cookie issue a while back on both and that fixed it for me with Neowin.

I will try it. Seems to me the developers should have been expiring them if changing how they work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo
9 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I will try it. Seems to me the developers should have been expiring them if changing how they work.

Let us know how you get on. 

 

I don't have a Windows device at hand, but I'll be checking my iPad over the next few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
On 8/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, dipsylalapo said:

Let us know how you get on. 

 

I don't have a Windows device at hand, but I'll be checking my iPad over the next few days.

Yes i would also like to know this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.
On 8/17/2020 at 12:05 AM, adrynalyne said:

I will try it. Seems to me the developers should have been expiring them if changing how they work.

This is not how cookie consent works. If the code is updated or changed you have to give consent again and letting people know is the new consent prompt 😛 

 

I don't even know how it works outside of the EU and California, I selected the option to only apply it to opted in territories. It may also need to be updated in places like 'I don't care about cookies' type extensions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dipsylalapo
On 8/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, dipsylalapo said:

Let us know how you get on. 

 

I don't have a Windows device at hand, but I'll be checking my iPad over the next few days.

So I checked >24 hours later and I didn't see a prompt.

 

Are you still seeing this issue?

 

Edit - also anything else you can tell us about the OS version, browser

 

I tried on Chrome and the latest iPad OS beta

Link to post
Share on other sites
+xrobwx71

I only got it twice in Chrome Version 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10 Pro 2004. I haven't seen it again since last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
cork1958

Was wondering about that pop up also, but have been on a different machine every day since it started, so don't know if I will see it again or not. Use a few different browsers also, so may be a while before I quit seeing it. Hardly a big thing anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.
8 minutes ago, xrobwx71 said:

I only got it twice in Chrome Version 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10 Pro 2004. I haven't seen it again since last week.

I spent two days getting it right (with all the options I can set) and updated the code at least 3 times, so depending on when you visited, you may have been required to consent more than once, It has not changed since Thursday.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
+xrobwx71
Just now, Steven P. said:

I spent two days getting it right (with all the options I can set) and updated the code at least 3 times, so depending on when you visited, you may have been required to consent more than once, It has not changed since Thursday.

Thanks Steven!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ

@adrynalyne any update?

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
6 hours ago, SnoopZ said:

@adrynalyne any update?

I’ve now moved to seeing them every few days on my iPhone. Less annoying, but still annoying. I’ll take it. I think it’s probably now normalized to how it should work but I don’t see a reason why it needs to be more than once.
 

Unless I have some strange query string attached to one of the links in my browser history causing it? I don’t use bookmarks so I rely on browser history to auto-fill the site I want to go to, and where. Not sure why I didn’t consider that till now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

I’ve now moved to seeing them every few days on my iPhone. Less annoying, but still annoying. I’ll take it. I think it’s probably now normalized to how it should work but I don’t see a reason why it needs to be more than once.
 

Unless I have some strange query string attached to one of the links in my browser history causing it? I don’t use bookmarks so I rely on browser history to auto-fill the site I want to go to, and where. Not sure why I didn’t consider that till now. 

What about the clearing of cookies? that is what we are waiting for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

What about the clearing of cookies? that is what we are waiting for.

Cleared them on my phone. That was the result. I’m not going to clear them on my PC because it’s disruptive to my work. Which is fine; I usually only visit on my phone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ
2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Cleared them on my phone. That was the result. I’m not going to clear them on my PC because it’s disruptive to my work. Which is fine; I usually only visit on my phone. 

Glad it's improved I only meant clear the Neowin cookie not everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.
2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Cleared them on my phone. That was the result. I’m not going to clear them on my PC because it’s disruptive to my work. Which is fine; I usually only visit on my phone. 

I wonder if it is a Safari bug?

Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
13 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I wonder if it is a Safari bug?

Possibly so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven P.
Just now, adrynalyne said:

Possibly so. 

I will do some testing via mobile this week, but I have an Android. Maybe I can still reproduce it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cork1958

Constantly getting the pop up on Firefox. Get it every time I close browser and return here. I have cleared Neowin cookie too. Get in on Firefox in Windows and Linux. Guess I might as well add I get it on Waterfox also. Don't get it on Edge Chromium.

Edited by cork1958
Link to post
Share on other sites
adrynalyne
31 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Constantly getting the pop up on Firefox. Get it every time I close browser and return here. I have cleared Neowin cookie too. Get in on Firefox in Windows and Linux. Guess I might as well add I get it on Waterfox also. Don't get it on Edge Chromium.

I wonder if it’s an issue with the JavaScript popping it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.