For your safety, please enter your PIN

I have

• fingerprint setup ๐Ÿ‘Œ
  • face unlock ๐Ÿ˜
  • smart places enabled ๐Ÿ 
  • smart devices enabled (my PC bluetooth, my car) ๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿš—

I amย at home, but "for your safety, please enter your PIN"ย ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

On my Android 8.1 Oreo, all of them work - pattern, PIN or fingerprint. Even on the pattern or PIN screen, if I touch the fingerprint, it accepts.

Hello,

Seems sensible.ย  All of the others you mentioned can be bypassed by someone forcibly placing you in front of the camera, pressing a finger against the fingerprint reader, etc.

ย 

While biometrics can be useful for identification, they suffer from some problems on the authentication side.

ย 

If you were visiting a place where you had concerns over the safety of information in your devices, it would be a good idea to disable their biometric authentication functions.

ย 

Regards,

ย 

Aryeh Goretsky

ย 

22 hours ago, Microsoft BOBโ„ข 10 said:

On my Android 8.1 Oreo, all of them work - pattern, PIN or fingerprint. Even on the pattern or PIN screen, if I touch the fingerprint, it accepts.

I think the last couple OS versions require you to enter your PIN after a certain amount of face/finger unlocks.ย  Older OS versions you didn't have to.ย  You used to also be able to auto accept your PIN without hitting the enter key as well.ย  Now you have to do that.