Blocking a phone number


 Share

Recommended Posts

i have a local number that is black listed on my android phone. I have black listed the number on my stock phone dialer, a few downloaded apps that blocks numbers but this 1 number is still getting through to my voicemail. Is there an app that will block the number and prevent this number to avoid my my voicemail as well?

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So even though it's blocked, they can reach your voicemail?  So when a number is blocked, it means your phone doesn't ring and they go direct to voicemail?

 

I'd be looking for an option as to what happens with blocked numbers somewhere.  Sorry though, am not on android.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NJ Louch said:

So even though it's blocked, they can reach your voicemail?  So when a number is blocked, it means your phone doesn't ring and they go direct to voicemail?

 

I'd be looking for an option as to what happens with blocked numbers somewhere.  Sorry though, am not on android.

yes and yes

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

blocking from the phone/app level just auto sends to voicemail. in order to actually block it entirely you'd have to talk to your carrier to block it from their side.

Some Carriers like T-Mobile have their own app that you can install to control the carrier level blocking but others you have to go through their customer support side.

 

there are a couple call blocker apps that pickup and auto end the call but those tend to eat at battery life so I don't recommend them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have the same problem. even if a number is blocked, it can still get to voicemail. super annoying.

 

verizon has a 'free' service to block numbers, but it's completely manual. you have to log in to your acct to add the numbers. the free version only allows 5 at a time and only lasts like 45 days. there's a paid version that allows unlimited numbers, but that's another $5/mo. no thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason S. said:

i have the same problem. even if a number is blocked, it can still get to voicemail. super annoying.

 

verizon has a 'free' service to block numbers, but it's completely manual. you have to log in to your acct to add the numbers. the free version only allows 5 at a time and only lasts like 45 days. there's a paid version that allows unlimited numbers, but that's another $5/mo. no thanks.

worth it IMO

edit: Verizon in general isn't worth it for their base prices though so I can't blame you for not wanting to add more on top.

 

I pay the same price for the extra features of Metro by T-Mobile's Name ID call & scam blocking app.

I haven't changed my number since I got my first phone in like 2002 so I get a fair share of spam that I block with that app from carrier level :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

worth it IMO

edit: Verizon in general isn't worth it for their base prices though so I can't blame you for not wanting to add more on top.

 

I pay the same price for the extra features of Metro by T-Mobile's Name ID call & scam blocking app.

I haven't changed my number since I got my first phone in like 2002 so I get a fair share of spam that I block with that app from carrier level :)

I have metro as well. I think i will add that to my phone. Thx for mentioning it BH. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bruinator said:

I have metro as well. I think i will add that to my phone. Thx for mentioning it BH. :)

quite welcome

 

surprised you didn't already know about the app as they advertise/recommend it just as much as the carrier Visual Voicemail app. They've both been available for as long as T-Mobile has owned the service :)

 

Here's the app if you need a link. It's Name ID in the play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.privacystar.android.metro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.